Hibernian 2 - 2 Kilmarnock
Hibs twice battled back to claim a Scottish Premier League draw against Kilmarnock.
Sammy Clingan, who had fired a first-half free-kick off the post, blasted home a 25-yard opener after the break.
Three goals in four minutes lit up the end of the match, starting with Ryan McGivern heading Hibs level.
Jude Winchester's strike temporarily gave Killie the lead again but Leigh Griffiths equalised from close range in the 88th minute.
With new arrival Kris Boyd looking on as an unused substitute for the visitors, neither side fired on all cylinders in a low-key first half, with Clingan going closest in the opening 45 minutes as his free kick came back off the post.
But moments into the second half the visitors took the lead when the veteran Northern Ireland international rifled home from distance.
James Dayton and Winchester both threatened to double the visitors' lead as Hibs struggled to shake themselves from their lethargy.
Griffiths then showed great skill to shrug off a cluster of opponents and fizz a long-range effort narrowly wide and that appeared to energise Pat Fenlon's side.
But Killie hit the woodwork again as Rory McKeown lobbed the ball over Paul Cairney before crashing a sweet half-volley against the frame of the goal.
Scott Robertson wasted two chances for Hibs within the last 15 minutes, firing wide with a snapshot from 12 yards before lifting a close-range effort high over the crossbar.
But the hosts fashioned an equaliser when McGivern rose highest to power a header home from David Wotherspoon's corner.
With the home fans still celebrating, Kilmarnock re-established their lead as Willian Gros fed Winchester and the teenager thundered the ball home.
Hibs, however, came roaring back and scored their second equaliser when Griffiths reacted quickest to flick home his 19th goal of the season after Eoin Doyle's effort came back off the post.
Hibs manager Pat Fenlon: "The annoying thing is that we scored the goal and got carried away.
"The crowd were right into it, they wanted to push us on and it is difficult.
"The players have to realise you have to steady yourself after scoring a goal, to keep your shape because you see teams conceding after they've scored quite a lot.
"From their point of view it is a good goal but from our point of view we could have dealt with it better.
"To concede a goal that late is a hammer blow but credit to the players, they kept going and got an equaliser."
Kilmarnock manager Kenny Shiels: "I thought we had it won when we scored the second goal.
"I thought it was a great game of football. We took the lead right after half-time. All our kids, who did a great job tonight, were involved in the goal and it was a great finish from Sammy. We hit the post and looked like we were going to add to it.
"We dropped off, gave them the pitch but they didn't look like they were going to hurt us apart from corner kicks.
"We then went up the park, regained the lead when young Jude Winchester rifled it in.
"Then it was a foul on James Dayton, I think, but referees are only human and they didn't spot it. The players are in the dressing room gutted."
Live text and stats
Wednesday, 27 February 2013
Scottish Premier League
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Williams
- 03 McGivern
- 06 McPake
- 18 Maybury yellow card
- 08 Claros
- 11 Cairney (Harris 72)
- 16 Stevenson
- 17 Done (Wotherspoon 58)
- 20 Taiwo (Doyle 78)
- 28 Robertson
- 09 Griffiths
- 31 Murdoch,
- 36 Donaldson,
- 07 Deegan,
- 14 Wotherspoon,
- 33 Harris,
- 10 Doyle,
- 24 Handling
- 01 Bell
- 02 Tesselaar
- 04 Fowler
- 23 McKeown
- 25 Barbour
- 88 Sissoko
- 08 Clingan
- 10 Dayton (Sheridan 89)
- 28 Winchester
- 09 Gross
- 14 Heffernan yellow card
- 17 Letheren,
- 03 Hay,
- 05 O'Leary,
- 38 O'Hara,
- 19 Ibrahim,
- 11 Boyd,
- 12 Sheridan
- Hibernian 48%
- Kilmarnock 52%
Attempts on target
- Hibernian 4
- Kilmarnock 7
Attempts off target
- Hibernian 8
- Kilmarnock 6
- Hibernian 8
- Kilmarnock 2
- Hibernian 13
- Kilmarnock 7
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+3:18 The referee blows for the end of the match.
- 90:00+2:30 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on James Fowler by Scott Robertson. Sammy Clingan sends in a cross, Cillian Sheridan takes a shot. Save made by Ben Williams.
- 90:00+1:54 The offside flag is raised against Leigh Griffiths. Free kick taken by Cameron Bell.
- 90:00+1:40 The referee blows for offside. Indirect free kick taken by Ben Williams.
- 89:51 Booking The referee cautions Paul Heffernan for dissent.
- 89:50 Booking Booking for Alan Maybury for unsporting behaviour.
- 89:41 Alan Maybury challenges James Fowler unfairly and gives away a free kick. Sammy Clingan takes the direct free kick.
- 88:55 Inswinging corner taken from the left by-line by David Wotherspoon, Close range header by Leigh Griffiths misses to the right of the target.
- 88:36 Substitution Cillian Sheridan joins the action as a substitute, replacing James Dayton.
- 87:50 The assist for the goal came from Eoin Doyle.
- 87:50 GOAL - Leigh Griffiths:Hibernian 2 - 2 Kilmarnock Leigh Griffiths finds the net with a goal from inside the six-yard box to the bottom left corner of the goal. Hibernian 2-2 Kilmarnock.
- 87:22 David Wotherspoon delivers the ball, Effort from deep inside the area by Eoin Doyle bounces off the post.
- 85:29 GOAL - Jude Winchester:Hibernian 1 - 2 Kilmarnock Jude Winchester scores a brilliant goal from outside the penalty box to the top left corner of the goal. Hibernian 1-2 Kilmarnock.
- 84:39 Assist by David Wotherspoon.
- 84:39 GOAL - Ryan McGivern:Hibernian 1 - 1 Kilmarnock Ryan McGivern scores a headed goal from inside the six-yard box. Hibernian 1-1 Kilmarnock.
- 84:14 Inswinging corner taken by David Wotherspoon from the left by-line played to the near post,
- 84:03 Centre by Eoin Doyle, blocked by Mohamadou Sissoko.
- 83:13 Effort from deep inside the area by Scott Robertson clears the bar.
- 82:44 The referee blows for offside. Indirect free kick taken by Ryan McGivern.
- 81:27 The referee blows for offside. Ben Williams takes the free kick.
- 80:23 Lewis Stevenson concedes a free kick for a foul on Paul Heffernan. The free kick is delivered right-footed by Sammy Clingan from right wing, clearance by Jorge Claros.
- 79:42 Eoin Doyle challenges James Fowler unfairly and gives away a free kick. Ross Barbour restarts play with the free kick.
- 78:03 The referee blows for offside. Indirect free kick taken by Mohamadou Sissoko.
- 77:15 Substitution Tom Taiwo leaves the field to be replaced by Eoin Doyle.
- 76:35 Shot by Scott Robertson from deep inside the penalty area misses to the right of the goal.
- 74:55 The referee blows for offside. Cameron Bell takes the indirect free kick.
- 73:14 Leigh Griffiths takes a shot. Cameron Bell makes a save.
- 71:02 Substitution Alex Harris on for Paul Cairney.
- 70:25 Rory McKeown takes a shot from just outside the area and strikes the post.
- 69:36 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Paul Heffernan by Alan Maybury. Direct effort from the free kick comes in from Sammy Clingan.
- 68:22 Leigh Griffiths produces a left-footed effort from long distance that goes harmlessly over the bar.
- 67:56 Ross Barbour delivers the ball.
- 65:05 Corner from the right by-line taken by Leigh Griffiths, Jorge Claros takes a shot from close range clearing the crossbar.
- 61:40 Corner taken left-footed by Leigh Griffiths.
- 58:03 Leigh Griffiths has an effort at goal from outside the box missing to the wide left of the goal.
- 57:17 Substitution David Wotherspoon comes on in place of Matt Done.
- 56:06 Lewis Stevenson concedes a free kick for a foul on William Gros. James Dayton shoots direct from the free kick.
- 52:18 The referee blows for offside against Leigh Griffiths. Jeroen Tesselaar restarts play with the free kick.
- 51:12 Unfair challenge on James Dayton by Alan Maybury results in a free kick. Rory McKeown takes the direct free kick.
- 50:19 William Gros is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Ben Williams takes the indirect free kick.
- 49:37 Inswinging corner taken left-footed by James Dayton from the right by-line to the near post, save by Ben Williams.
- 48:18 Effort on goal by Jude Winchester from 35 yards missed to the left of the goal.
- 45:52 GOAL - Sammy Clingan:Hibernian 0 - 1 Kilmarnock Sammy Clingan finds the net with a goal from 35 yards to to the top right corner of the goal. Hibernian 0-1 Kilmarnock.
- 45:01 The referee starts the second half.
- Half Time
- 45:00+0:10 The half-time whistle blows.
- 43:31 Free kick awarded for a foul by Tom Taiwo on Rory McKeown. Jeroen Tesselaar takes the free kick.
- 43:13 Sammy Clingan delivers the ball.
- 42:15 Paul Cairney concedes a free kick for a foul on Ross Barbour. The free kick is delivered right-footed by Sammy Clingan from right wing, clearance by Ryan McGivern.
- 40:44 Shot by Jeroen Tesselaar from a long way out goes over the target.
- 39:28 James Fowler takes a shot. Save made by Ben Williams.
- 37:48 Paul Heffernan concedes a free kick for a foul on James McPake. Jorge Claros takes the free kick.
- 36:56 Rory McKeown sends in a cross, Effort from the edge of the penalty box by William Gros goes wide of the right-hand upright.
- 36:32 Free kick awarded for a foul by Scott Robertson on Jude Winchester. Mohamadou Sissoko takes the free kick.
- 33:42 Corner from the right by-line taken by Leigh Griffiths, comfortable save by Cameron Bell.
- 32:58 Rory McKeown gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Scott Robertson. Jorge Claros takes the direct free kick.
- 32:40 Free kick awarded for a foul by James Fowler on Ryan McGivern. Ben Williams takes the free kick.
- 32:20 Paul Heffernan takes a shot. Ryan McGivern makes a clearance.
- 30:04 The ball is crossed by Rory McKeown, James McPake manages to make a clearance.
- 29:02 Corner taken left-footed by Leigh Griffiths from the right by-line, save made by Cameron Bell.
- 27:08 Inswinging corner taken left-footed by James Dayton from the right by-line, clearance made by James McPake.
- 26:51 Ross Barbour takes a shot. Save by Ben Williams.
- 24:11 Paul Heffernan challenges Ryan McGivern unfairly and gives away a free kick. Ben Williams takes the direct free kick.
- 22:30 Jude Winchester concedes a free kick for a foul on Scott Robertson. Alan Maybury takes the direct free kick.
- 21:34 Outswinging corner taken by Leigh Griffiths from the left by-line, clearance by Mohamadou Sissoko.
- 18:51 Scott Robertson concedes a free kick for a foul on James Dayton. Sammy Clingan has an effort direct from the free kick.
- 16:38 Corner taken by Leigh Griffiths.
- 15:17 William Gros sends in a cross, Alan Maybury manages to make a clearance.
- 14:52 James Fowler fouled by Ryan McGivern, the ref awards a free kick. Sammy Clingan restarts play with the free kick.
- 14:21 Effort from 20 yards by Leigh Griffiths. Cameron Bell makes a save.
- 13:18 Centre by Paul Cairney.
- 10:29 Alan Maybury sends in a cross.
- 8:45 Matt Done produces a left-footed shot from long distance which goes wide right of the goal.
- 7:29 Paul Heffernan is ruled offside. Ben Williams restarts play with the free kick.
- 6:49 The ball is swung over by Matt Done, Mohamadou Sissoko manages to make a clearance.
- 6:29 James Fowler challenges Jorge Claros unfairly and gives away a free kick. Jorge Claros restarts play with the free kick.
- 1:41 William Gros gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Tom Taiwo. Ben Williams takes the free kick.
- 0:51 James Dayton fouled by Alan Maybury, the ref awards a free kick. The free kick is swung in right-footed by Sammy Clingan, Ryan McGivern makes a clearance.
- 0:00 The referee gets the match started.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.