Bury 0 - 2 Crawley Town
Jamie Proctor struck his first goals for Crawley as they eased to victory over League One strugglers Bury.
Proctor opened the scoring with a neat half-volley from the edge of the area.
The visitors doubled their advantage two minutes after the break when Proctor rose to head home Nicky Adams' cross from close range.
Bury rarely threatened Paul Jones in the Crawley goal and Mark Carrington's well saved volley was the closest the home side came to a goal.
VIEWS FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Bury manager Kevin Blackwell told BBC Radio Manchester:
"I can only apologise to the fans because that was abject. I don't know where it's come from.
"I put the team out there full of confidence, and it was woeful.
"It wasn't good enough and it was without doubt the worst performance I've seen from the team since I've been here."
Crawley manager Richie Barker told BBC Sussex:
"Without being greedy my only disappointment is that we didn't kill the game off by making in three or four. I don't think that anyone could argue with the fact that we didn't deserve by more.
"The clean sheet really pleases me as well. The players are growing in confidence."
"I thought Jamie Proctor was a real thorn in the side of them from the first minute. Jamie was disappointed with himself but I thought his performance was fantastic and if anybody had any doubt about him, I'd be amazed if he is still with us in September."
Live text and stats
Saturday, 2 March 2013
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Carson
- 03 Skarz
- 06 Eastham
- 34 Ebanks-Landell
- 07 Worrall
- 08 Schumacher
- 13 Carrington
- 32 Thompson (Bishop 56)
- 35 Soares (Jones 55)
- 15 Ajose (Healy 81)
- 31 Fagan yellow card
- 30 Belford,
- 19 Regan,
- 09 Jones,
- 10 Bishop,
- 25 Healy,
- 26 Clarke-Harris
- 01 P Jones
- 02 Dumbuya
- 03 Sadler
- 06 Essam
- 12 Walsh
- 10 Sparrow
- 15 Bulman
- 16 Adams (Hunt 90+1)
- 17 Taylor
- 21 M Jones (Torres 84)
- 14 Proctor (O'Brien 88)
- 25 Maddison,
- 13 Hunt,
- 08 Torres,
- 19 O'Brien,
- 20 Elford-Alliyu,
- 23 Smith
- Bury 48%
- Crawley Town 52%
Attempts on target
- Bury 3
- Crawley Town 6
Attempts off target
- Bury 4
- Crawley Town 3
- Bury 7
- Crawley Town 4
- Bury 8
- Crawley Town 4
- Final Result
- 95:47 The match has reached full-time.
- Full Time
- 90:00+4:49 Dannie Bulman gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on David Healy. Direct free kick taken by Steven Schumacher.
- 90:00+3:03 Joe Skarz takes a shot. Clearance made by Joe Walsh.
- 90:00+2:05 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Joe Walsh by David Healy. Direct free kick taken by Paul Jones.
- 90:00+0:49 Substitution Nicky Adams goes off and David Hunt comes on.
- 89:08 Shot by Aiden O'Brien from deep inside the penalty area misses to the right of the goal. Short corner taken by Matthew Sparrow from the left by-line.
- 87:40 Substitution Jamie Proctor goes off and Aiden O'Brien comes on.
- 86:35 Mustapha Dumbuya fouled by Craig Fagan, the ref awards a free kick. Free kick taken by Paul Jones.
- 84:58 The offside flag is raised against Andy Bishop. Paul Jones takes the free kick.
- 83:41 Substitution Sergio Torres comes on in place of Mike Jones.
- 83:41 David Worrall crosses the ball. Headed effort from inside the area by Andy Bishop misses to the right of the goal.
- 82:53 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Nicky Adams played to the near post, Steven Schumacher manages to make a clearance.
- 82:05 Foul by Steven Schumacher on Jake Taylor, free kick awarded. Free kick crossed by Matthew Sparrow, Ashley Eastham makes a clearance.
- 81:37 Andy Bishop is ruled offside. Indirect free kick taken by Paul Jones.
- 80:45 Direct free kick taken by Trevor Carson.
- 80:45 Substitution David Healy is brought on as a substitute for Nick Ajose.
- 80:45 Unfair challenge on Ethan Ebanks-Landell by Jamie Proctor results in a free kick.
- 76:54 The assistant referee signals for offside against Matthew Sparrow. Trevor Carson restarts play with the free kick.
- 75:23 Close range shot by Craig Fagan goes wide of the right-hand upright.
- 72:35 Foul by Mark Carrington on Matthew Sparrow, free kick awarded. Paul Jones takes the free kick.
- 69:52 The ball is swung over by Nicky Adams, Nick Ajose makes a clearance.
- 66:02 Craig Fagan produces a cross, Paul Jones makes a save.
- 63:45 Corner taken left-footed by Joe Skarz from the right by-line to the near post, Connor Essam manages to make a clearance. Corner taken by Joe Skarz played to the near post, Joe Walsh makes a clearance.
- 62:25 Corner taken by Craig Jones.
- 60:02 The referee blows for offside. Joe Skarz takes the indirect free kick.
- Correction - 55:59 Craig Jones takes a inswinging corner from the left by-line played to the near post.
- Correction - 55:59 Substitution Andy Bishop joins the action as a substitute, replacing Zac Thompson.
- 55:59 Craig Jones takes a inswinging corner.
- 55:59 Substitution Andy Bishop on for Zac Thompson.
- 54:45 Substitution Tom Soares goes off and Craig Jones comes on.
- 54:45 The ball is swung over by Jamie Proctor.
- 53:11 A cross is delivered by Mustapha Dumbuya.
- 51:45 Steven Schumacher takes the inswinging corner, clearance by Connor Essam.
- 47:01 Assist on the goal came from Matthew Sparrow. Craig Fagan takes a shot. Save by Trevor Carson.
- 47:01 GOAL - Jamie Proctor:Bury 0 - 2 Crawley Town Jamie Proctor grabs a headed goal from inside the six-yard box. Bury 0-2 Crawley Town.
- 46:08 Nicky Adams takes a short corner. Matthew Sparrow produces a cross,
- 45:22 Free kick awarded for a foul by Tom Soares on Nicky Adams. Free kick crossed right-footed by Nicky Adams, Ethan Ebanks-Landell makes a clearance.
- 45:01 The referee blows his whistle to start the second half.
- Half Time
- 45:00+2:22 The referee blows for half time.
- 45:00+0:59 Jamie Proctor gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on David Worrall. Trevor Carson takes the direct free kick.
- 41:25 Headed effort from inside the area by Craig Fagan misses to the left of the goal.
- 40:12 Mike Jones takes a shot. Save made by Trevor Carson.
- 38:52 Zac Thompson takes a shot. Save made by Paul Jones.
- 36:32 Nicky Adams takes a inswinging corner to the near post, clearance by Steven Schumacher.
- 35:21 The ball is crossed by Nick Ajose, blocked by Mat Sadler.
- 31:48 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Nicky Adams by Craig Fagan. Jake Taylor restarts play with the free kick. The referee blows for offside. Trevor Carson takes the indirect free kick. Effort from outside the penalty box by Nick Ajose goes wide right of the goal.
- 31:48 Booking Craig Fagan receives a caution.
- 27:42 Zac Thompson gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Dannie Bulman. Mat Sadler restarts play with the free kick.
- 22:22 The referee blows for offside against Craig Fagan. Paul Jones takes the indirect free kick.
- 21:21 Free kick awarded for a foul by Jamie Proctor on Nick Ajose. Steven Schumacher takes the direct free kick.
- 19:28 Jake Taylor takes a shot. Save by Trevor Carson.
- 16:44 Assist on the goal came from Dannie Bulman. Mark Carrington concedes a free kick for a foul on Jamie Proctor. Mat Sadler restarts play with the free kick.
- 16:44 GOAL - Jamie Proctor:Bury 0 - 1 Crawley Town Goal scored by Jamie Proctor from just outside the penalty box to the bottom right corner of the goal. Bury 0-1 Crawley Town.
- 15:55 Joe Skarz takes the inswinging corner, Paul Jones makes a comfortable save.
- Correction - 15:00 Short corner taken by Joe Skarz from the right by-line.
- 15:00 Joe Skarz takes a inswinging corner.
- 11:01 Nick Ajose is caught offside. Joe Walsh takes the free kick.
- 10:22 Jamie Proctor produces a right-footed shot from just outside the box that goes wide right of the target.
- 8:30 Steven Schumacher is penalised for a handball. Paul Jones takes the free kick.
- 7:06 Mike Jones has an effort at goal from the edge of the box striking the post.
- 4:56 Shot by Jake Taylor from 18 yards. Save made by Trevor Carson.
- 0:52 Mike Jones takes a shot. Blocked by Ethan Ebanks-Landell.
- 0:20 The referee blows for offside against Craig Fagan. Free kick taken by Paul Jones.
- 0:00 The match has kicked off.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.