Aldershot 1 - 1 Gillingham
Leon Legge's leveller earned leaders Gillingham a point at Aldershot, who moved further away from danger.
Craig Reid's 11th goal of the season gave the Shots the lead just after the break, his half-volley smashing into the roof of the net.
The Gills grabbed an equaliser when Legge nodded home Chris Whelpdale's deep cross.
Danny Kedwell should have scored a winner for the visitors but Jamie Young saved his point-blank header.
Aldershot are now five games unbeaten and sit three points above the drop zone while Gillingham are three points clear at the summit of League Two.
VIEWS FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Aldershot Town manager Andy Scott told BBC Surrey:
"They gave me everything today out there and we're disappointed we've only got a point, and to say that against the league leaders shows exactly the mentality in the squad.
"In the first-half we defended fantastically well but we needed to link up our play better and we needed more quality on the ball.
"After three games and we're nit-picking, I certainly would have settled for that when I walked through the door."
Gillingham manager Martin Allen told BBC Radio Kent:
"This time of year, it's about results.
"It's tough at the moment, but they keep going so it's another point on the board. We're now eight points clear (of fourth place) and top of the league so I'm a very proud manager.
"They're unbeaten in four games under a new manager. They've got spirit so it was always going to be a tough game and the fact we did so well in the last 20 minutes and nearly won it was testament to our character and fitness levels."
Live text and stats
Saturday, 2 March 2013
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 21 Young
- 02 Herd
- 03 Tonkin yellow card
- 11 Vincenti (Goulding 82)
- 19 Forbes
- 23 Bradley
- 12 Risser yellow card
- 28 Cadogan (Morris 90+1)
- 31 Rose
- 10 Hylton
- 20 Reid
- 29 Morris,
- 04 Morris,
- 06 Lancashire,
- 17 Mekki,
- 18 Stanley,
- 24 Hall,
- 26 Goulding
- 01 Nelson
- 02 Fish
- 03 Martin yellow card
- 06 Legge
- 26 Barrett
- 07 Whelpdale
- 08 Lee yellow card (Dack 57)
- 10 Robinson yellow card
- 28 Gregory
- 09 Kedwell
- 20 Burton (German 66)
- 21 Forecast,
- 15 Davies,
- 11 Williams,
- 18 Dack,
- 25 Richardson,
- 17 Birchall,
- 19 German
- Aldershot 55%
- Gillingham 45%
Attempts on target
- Aldershot 2
- Gillingham 3
Attempts off target
- Aldershot 2
- Gillingham 3
- Aldershot 2
- Gillingham 8
- Aldershot 7
- Gillingham 9
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+4:04 The referee ends the match.
- 90:00+3:45 Corner taken by Antonio German from the right by-line to the near post, clearance by Sonny Bradley.
- 90:00+3:27 Chris Whelpdale takes a shot. Save by Jamie Young.
- 90:00+2:50 Aaron Morris is ruled offside. Stuart Nelson takes the indirect free kick.
- 90:00+0:13 Substitution Aaron Morris replaces Kieron Cadogan.
- 89:43 Danny Rose concedes a free kick for a foul on Steven Gregory. Stuart Nelson takes the free kick.
- 88:30 Inswinging corner taken from the left by-line by Anton Robinson, Leon Legge produces a header from deep inside the six-yard box which goes wide of the right-hand upright.
- 85:33 Booking Caution for Anthony Tonkin.
- 84:37 Ben Herd takes the direct free kick.
- 84:37 Booking Anton Robinson is cautioned by the ref for unsporting behaviour.
- 84:26 Anton Robinson gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Craig Reid.
- 80:42 Free kick taken by Ben Herd.
- 80:42 Substitution Jeff Goulding replaces Peter Vincenti.
- 80:42 Chris Whelpdale concedes a free kick for a foul on Danny Rose.
- 79:06 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Peter Vincenti by Chris Whelpdale. Direct free kick taken by Anthony Tonkin.
- 76:12 Free kick awarded for a foul by Antonio German on Oliver Risser. Jamie Young restarts play with the free kick.
- 74:33 Assist by Chris Whelpdale.
- 74:33 GOAL - Leon Legge:Aldershot 1 - 1 Gillingham Leon Legge grabs a headed goal from inside the six-yard box. Aldershot 1-1 Gillingham.
- 71:54 Booking Joe Martin is given a yellow card.
- 71:12 Craig Reid challenges Leon Legge unfairly and gives away a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Stuart Nelson.
- 68:49 Kieron Cadogan takes the inswinging corner, clearance made by Joe Martin.
- 65:47 Substitution Antonio German comes on in place of Deon Burton.
- 64:09 Craig Reid takes a shot from just inside the penalty box which clears the crossbar.
- 62:09 Joe Martin gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Kieron Cadogan. Direct free kick taken by Anthony Tonkin.
- 59:54 Foul by Danny Hylton on Leon Legge, free kick awarded. Deon Burton takes the direct free kick.
- 56:53 Substitution Charlie Lee goes off and Bradley Dack comes on.
- 49:21 Outswinging corner taken right-footed by Anton Robinson, clearance made by Anthony Tonkin.
- 48:25 Danny Hylton concedes a free kick for a foul on Leon Legge. Matt Fish restarts play with the free kick.
- 46:31 Assist by Danny Hylton.
- 46:31 GOAL - Craig Reid:Aldershot 1 - 0 Gillingham Craig Reid gets on the score sheet with a goal from inside the penalty area to the top left corner of the goal. Aldershot 1-0 Gillingham.
- 46:07 The offside flag is raised against Danny Kedwell. Free kick taken by Jamie Young.
- 45:01 The second half kicks off.
- Half Time
- 45:00+3:03 The whistle is blown to end the first half.
- 45:00+1:16 Anton Robinson takes a inswinging corner from the left by-line played to the near post, Anthony Tonkin makes a clearance.
- 45:00+0:59 Danny Kedwell takes a shot. Ben Herd gets a block in.
- 44:44 Leon Legge fouled by Peter Vincenti, the ref awards a free kick. Stuart Nelson takes the free kick.
- 44:12 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Oliver Risser by Adam Barrett. Free kick taken by Ben Herd.
- 42:36 Handball by Joe Martin. Danny Rose restarts play with the free kick.
- 41:36 Danny Rose takes a inswinging corner from the right by-line played to the near post.
- 41:01 Anton Robinson challenges Jamie Young unfairly and gives away a free kick. Free kick taken by Jamie Young.
- 37:35 Booking Oliver Risser is cautioned.
- 35:34 Danny Hylton is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Indirect free kick taken by Stuart Nelson.
- 33:49 The official flags Danny Hylton offside. Stuart Nelson takes the free kick.
- 29:37 The referee blows for offside against Craig Reid. Stuart Nelson restarts play with the free kick.
- 27:10 Oliver Risser has an effort at goal from the edge of the box that misses to the right of the target.
- 25:47 Chris Whelpdale handles the ball and concedes a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Kieron Cadogan.
- 24:27 Danny Rose takes a shot. Save made by Stuart Nelson.
- 22:34 Craig Reid fouled by Steven Gregory, the ref awards a free kick. Danny Rose takes the free kick.
- 20:11 Corner from right by-line taken by Anton Robinson.
- 19:12 Danny Hylton is ruled offside. Indirect free kick taken by Stuart Nelson.
- 17:28 The referee blows for offside against Deon Burton. Jamie Young restarts play with the free kick.
- 15:21 Corner taken right-footed by Anton Robinson.
- 14:44 Unfair challenge on Leon Legge by Danny Hylton results in a free kick. Free kick taken by Stuart Nelson.
- 13:46 Anton Robinson takes a outswinging corner from the right by-line to the near post, clearance made by Oliver Risser.
- 8:03 Terrell Forbes takes the free kick.
- 8:03 Booking Charlie Lee receives a yellow card.
- 7:47 Ben Herd fouled by Charlie Lee, the ref awards a free kick.
- 5:40 Unfair challenge on Leon Legge by Sonny Bradley results in a free kick. Stuart Nelson takes the direct free kick.
- 5:04 The referee penalises Deon Burton for handball. Danny Rose takes the direct free kick.
- 2:09 Deon Burton produces a right-footed shot from the edge of the box and misses to the right of the goal.
- 0:45 Corner taken right-footed by Anton Robinson from the right by-line to the near post, Close range header by Adam Barrett misses to the right of the target.
- 0:00 The game begins.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.