Kris Boyd's first goal since returning to Kilmarnock secured a point for the Ayrshire side against St Mirren.
Killie were looking for a win to all but seal a place in the Scottish Premier League's top six but fell behind to an Esmael Goncalves strike.
Boyd, who rejoined his first club in February, fired the hosts level two minutes into the second half.
St Mirren winger Gary Teale and Boyd had opportunities to claim a winner but neither could convert.
Kenny Shiels' side, who are sixth, move a point clear of Aberdeen and Dundee United with one more round of fixtures to come this weekend before the SPL splits in two.
James Fowler, who scored Kilmarnock's winner against Ross County on Saturday, sought to add to his season's tally early on when he ran on to Boyd's quickly taken free-kick but did not seriously trouble Craig Samson.
Goncalves fired St Mirren in front before the break
St Mirren were also prominent in the opening stages and Goncalves managed to get a header on John McGinn's cross only for Cammy Bell to make a comfortable save.
The pace of Goncalves was causing Killie problems and the Portuguese striker dragged a shot wide as the half-hour mark approached.
But the on-loan Rio Ave striker did find the net when he latched on to David van Zanten's pass and fired past Bell from inside the area.
And Steven Thompson was presented with a chance to put the Buddies further ahead moments later but flashed his shot wide from a promising position.
The visitors continued to dominate and Bell scrambled the ball out following another Goncalves strike.
Kilmarnock knew they had to improve and were given the best possible start to the second half when Borja Perez found Boyd in behind the St Mirren defence and the SPL's all-time top scorer drilled the ball into the net.
The former Rangers striker was becoming a persistent threat to the visiting defence and might have done better with a header that Samson gathered at the second attempt.
At the other end, Teale slipped a shot wide following good work by Thompson.
Garry Hay was next to threaten a winner but his powerful long-range drive was held by Samson and an injury-time free-kick by Boyd was also claimed by the keeper.
Live text and stats
Wednesday, 3 April 2013
Scottish Premier League
- Kilmarnock 54%
- St Mirren 46%
- Kilmarnock 2
- St Mirren 10
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+4:11 The referee signals the end of the game.
- 90:00+3:01 Jim Goodwin gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Rory McKenzie. Free kick taken by Sammy Clingan. Drilled right-footed
shot by Kris Boyd. Save made by Craig Samson.
- 87:33 Mark O'Hara takes the direct free kick.
- 87:33 Substitution Rory McKenzie is brought on as a substitute for Paul Heffernan.
- 87:33 Booking Booking for Paul McGowan.
- 87:23 Foul by Kenny McLean on Ross Barbour, free kick awarded.
- 86:03 The ball is swung over by Ross Barbour, comfortable save by Craig Samson.
- 84:10 Sammy Clingan takes the free kick. Garry Hay has an effort at goal from 25 yards. Craig Samson makes a comfortable save.
- 84:10 Booking David van Zanten goes into the referee's book.
- 83:52 Foul by David van Zanten on Sammy Clingan, free kick awarded.
- 82:02 Substitution Gary Teale leaves the field to be replaced by Sander Puri.
- 82:02 Substitution Rabiu Ibrahim is brought on as a substitute for Borja Perez.
- 81:16 Inswinging corner taken right-footed by Kenny McLean, Borja Perez manages to make a clearance.
- 80:13 Direct strike on goal from the free kick comes in from Kenny McLean.
- 80:13 Booking Jeroen Tesselaar booked for unsporting behaviour.
- 80:01 Jeroen Tesselaar gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Lewis Guy.
- 78:01 Effort from inside the area by Gary Teale misses to the right of the target.
- 74:21 Substitution Lewis Guy on for Esmael Goncalves.
- 74:21 Substitution John McGinn leaves the field to be replaced by Kenny McLean.
- 71:49 Kris Boyd takes a shot. Comfortable save by Craig Samson.
- 70:32 Unfair challenge on Kris Boyd by Jim Goodwin results in a free kick. Free kick crossed by Sammy Clingan.
- 68:26 Outswinging corner taken by Garry Hay from the left by-line played to the near post, clearance made by Marc McAusland.
- 66:38 Gary Teale decides to take a short corner.
- Correction - 65:01 Shot from long range by Garry Hay goes wide of the left-hand upright.
- 65:01 Garry Hay has shot on goal from a long way out that goes wide left.
- 63:49 Conor Newton concedes a free kick for a foul on Borja Perez. Free kick crossed left-footed by Garry Hay from right channel.
- 63:16 Borja Perez produces a right-footed shot from the edge of the area and misses to the left of the target.
- 62:42 Free kick taken by Cameron Bell.
- 62:42 Booking Esmael Goncalves is shown a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.
- 62:33 Esmael Goncalves concedes a free kick for a foul on Ross Barbour.
- 60:30 Unfair challenge on Paul McGowan by James Fowler results in a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Conor Newton.
- 59:13 Esmael Goncalves is ruled offside. Free kick taken by Cameron Bell.
- 57:49 Inswinging corner taken from the left by-line by Gary Teale, Kris Boyd makes a clearance.
- 56:23 Corner taken by Borja Perez from the right by-line, clearance made by Marc McAusland.
- 55:27 Centre by Steven Thompson, Mark O'Hara makes a clearance.
- 51:37 Free kick awarded for a foul by Esmael Goncalves on Ross Barbour. Borja Perez takes the direct free kick.
- 51:06 Centre by Garry Hay, Paul Dummett makes a clearance. Borja Perez takes a outswinging corner from the right by-line played
to the near post.
- 47:54 Inswinging corner taken by Borja Perez from the left by-line.
- 46:08 Assist by Borja Perez.
- 46:08 GOAL - Kris Boyd:Kilmarnock 1 - 1 St Mirren Kris Boyd grabs a goal from inside the box to the bottom left corner of the goal. Kilmarnock 1-1 St Mirren.
- 45:01 The match restarts for the second half.
- Half Time
- 45:00+0:04 The ref blows to end the first period.
- 43:39 Outswinging corner taken right-footed by Borja Perez from the right by-line, Header from close in by Kris Boyd misses to the
left of the target.
- 42:11 Esmael Goncalves has a drilled shot. Cameron Bell makes a fantastic save. Gary Teale decides to take the corner short.
- 39:02 Effort from the edge of the penalty box by Steven Thompson goes wide of the right-hand upright.
- 37:34 Inswinging corner taken by Borja Perez from the left by-line played to the near post, clearance by Gary Teale.
- 35:36 The assist for the goal came from David van Zanten.
- 35:36 GOAL - Esmael Goncalves:Kilmarnock 0 - 1 St Mirren Esmael Goncalves grabs a goal from inside the six-yard box low into the middle of the goal. Kilmarnock 0-1 St Mirren.
- 32:51 Outswinging corner taken from the right by-line by Borja Perez, Conor Newton manages to make a clearance.
- 30:38 Unfair challenge on Mohamadou Sissoko by Paul McGowan results in a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Mohamadou Sissoko.
- 28:56 Unfair challenge on Kris Boyd by Jim Goodwin results in a free kick. Free kick taken by Cameron Bell.
- 28:15 Effort from inside the area by Esmael Goncalves misses to the right of the target.
- 27:50 The ball is sent over by Paul Dummett.
- 24:12 Mark O'Hara produces a right-footed shot from just outside the box that goes wide left of the goal.
- 23:38 Borja Perez takes the outswinging corner, Jim Goodwin manages to make a clearance.
- 17:51 Borja Perez takes a inswinging corner from the left by-line played to the near post, Kris Boyd produces a header from deep
inside the six-yard box that clears the crossbar.
- 11:09 Jeroen Tesselaar sends in a cross, Marc McAusland manages to make a clearance.
- 10:04 Effort on goal by Kris Boyd from just inside the penalty area goes harmlessly over the target.
- 8:38 Esmael Goncalves takes a shot. Save by Cameron Bell.
- 7:48 James Fowler takes a shot. Comfortable save by Craig Samson.
- 4:43 Centre by John McGinn, Steven Thompson has a headed effort at goal from close in which goes wide right of the target.
- 3:18 Unfair challenge on Kris Boyd by Jim Goodwin results in a free kick. Direct free kick taken by Kris Boyd.
- 1:23 Steven Thompson delivers the ball, clearance made by Ross Barbour. Inswinging corner taken by Gary Teale from the left by-line,
Close range strike by Steven Thompson goes over the bar.
- 0:00 The referee gets the game underway.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.