Gary Hooper: Celtic striker signs for Norwich City
Norwich City have confirmed the signing of Celtic striker Gary Hooper for a fee thought to be around £5m.
The 25-year-old has agreed a three-year contract with the Premier League club, who have the option of keeping him for a further year.
Norwich's summer signings
- Javier Garrido: Left-back, undisclosed fee from Lazio
- Nathan Redmond: Winger, £3.2m from Birmingham
- Ricky van Wolfswinkel: Striker, £8.5m from Sporting Lisbon
- Martin Olsson: Left-back, undisclosed fee from Blackburn
- Carlo Nash: Goalkeeper, free transfer from Stoke
- Leroy Fer: Midfielder, undisclosed fee from Twente
- Gary Hooper: Striker, undisclosed fee from Celtic
Championship club QPR had a bid accepted for Hooper, but he has opted for the top flight with City instead.
Hooper scored 31 goals for the Scottish champions last season, having joined from Scunthorpe in 2010 for £2.4m.
He has been Celtic's leading goalscorer for the last three seasons. His final game for the club was Tuesday's 2-0 Champions League second qualifying round second leg win over Cliftonville.
Celtic manager Neil Lennon described Hooper as the club's best striker since Henrik Larsson and said his departure was a "huge loss".
Norwich manager Chris Hughton, who first tried to sign Hooper in January, has now signed seven players this summer.
"There's been a lot of speculation going back to January and I'm pleased to have finally put pen to paper and joined Norwich," Hooper told Norwich's official website.
"I knew Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood from my youth days at Spurs, so it will be great to be back working with them.
"I have scored goals at every level I have played at and the challenge of playing in the Premier League is really exciting to me."