Aldershot 0 - 1 Cambridge Utd
Cambridge United moved to the top of the formative Conference Premier table with a narrow win at Aldershot.
Joe Oastler headed into his own net from Harrison Dunk's cross to give the U's the lead in a drab first half.
Aldershot almost equalised after the break as Aaron Wickham fired into the side netting and Craig Stanley's fizzing 25-yard drive was saved.
Ryan Donaldson blasted a late penalty over for Cambridge but his side held on for their second win of the season.
The Shots remain bottom of the league following their 10-point deduction at the start of the campaign.
VIEW FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Aldershot Town Andy Scott told BBC Surrey:
"We didn't start at the tempo that we needed to stretch the game and that lulled us into a false sense of security.
"Players started doing bits and pieces of what we hadn't worked on and we were out of shape.
"We lacked quality in the final third, we still need to get players into the box more and set plays need to be better. But these are all things we haven't had a chance to work on.
"To lose 1-nil to an own goal and dominate large spells against a strong Cambridge side who are top of the league - we will learn the lessons."
Live text and stats
Saturday, 17 August 2013
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Morris
- 02 Oastler
- 05 Goodman
- 06 Webster
- 15 Barker (Brown 86)
- 04 Stanley
- 08 Rowlands
- 12 Oyeleke
- 19 Molesley (Roberts 75)
- 09 Williams yellow card
- 10 Paterson (Wickham 46)
- 21 Williams,
- 11 Wickham,
- 14 Roberts,
- 17 Brown,
- 20 Douglas
- 01 Maxwell
- 03 Taylor
- 06 Miller
- 12 McAuley (Hughes 27)
- 14 Tait
- 07 Donaldson
- 08 Champion
- 11 Dunk
- 18 Berry
- 24 Arnold
- 19 Sam-Yorke
- 13 Norris,
- 16 Austin,
- 20 Allen,
- 09 Cunnington,
- 17 Hughes
- Aldershot 45%
- Cambridge 55%
Attempts on target
- Aldershot 2
- Cambridge 0
Attempts off target
- Aldershot 2
- Cambridge 2
- Aldershot 8
- Cambridge 4
- Aldershot 9
- Cambridge 4
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+4:05 The referee brings the game to a close.
- 90:00+2:27 Corner from the right by-line taken by Craig Stanley. Chris Maxwell safely holds on.
- 90:00+0:41 Corner taken by Craig Stanley. Liam Hughes manages to make a clearance.
- 87:17 Short corner taken by Harrison Dunk.
- 86:28 Free kick awarded for a foul by Harrison Dunk on Cameron Brown. Free kick taken by Jordan Roberts.
- 85:44 A cross is delivered by Jordan Roberts that goes out of play.
- 85:07 Substitution Chris Barker leaves the field to be replaced by Cameron Brown.
- 84:09 Penalty missed over the bar by Ryan Donaldson.
- 84:09 Penalty awarded for a foul by Adam Webster on Ryan Donaldson.
- 79:34 Manny Oyeleke concedes a free kick for a foul on Harrison Dunk. Chris Maxwell takes the free kick.
- 76:22 Booking
- 75:57 Free kick awarded for a foul by Brett Williams on Liam Hughes. Brett Williams goes into the referee's book for unsporting behaviour. Chris Maxwell restarts play with the free kick.
- 74:35 Substitution (Aldershot) makes a substitution, with Jordan Roberts coming on for Mark Molesley.
- 74:00 Free kick awarded for a foul by Craig Stanley on Nathan Arnold. Richard Tait restarts play with the free kick.
- 71:49 Corner from the right by-line taken by Martin Rowlands. Chris Maxwell safely holds on.
- 66:51 Corner from the right by-line taken by Martin Rowlands. Richard Tait makes a clearance.
- 66:22 Craig Stanley takes a shot. Clearance made by Luke Berry.
- 64:48 Martin Rowlands gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Luke Berry. Chris Maxwell takes the free kick.
- 62:42 Craig Stanley takes a shot. Chris Maxwell catches the ball.
- 61:25 Corner taken by Martin Rowlands.
- 60:41 Corner taken by Martin Rowlands from the right by-line.
- 51:38 Corner from the left by-line taken by Martin Rowlands. Shot by Manny Oyeleke went wide of the right-hand post.
- 48:32 Luke Berry fouled by Martin Rowlands, the ref awards a free kick. Greg Taylor takes the free kick.
- 46:09 Brett Williams takes a shot. Chris Maxwell safely holds on.
- 45:01 The match restarts for the second half.
- 45:01 Substitution Aaron Wickham comes on in place of Matt Paterson.
- Half Time
- 45:00+2:14 The referee blows for half time.
- 45:00+0:46 Nathan Arnold takes the chance to get an effort at goal and missed to the left of the net.
- 40:54 Free kick awarded for a foul by Brett Williams on Greg Taylor. Chris Maxwell restarts play with the free kick.
- 39:34 Corner from the left by-line taken by Ryan Donaldson.
- 36:54 Martin Rowlands delivers the ball.
- 26:57 Corner from the left by-line taken by Martin Rowlands. Richard Tait makes a clearance.
- 26:01 Substitution Liam Hughes replaces Rory McAuley.
- 23:23 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Manny Oyeleke by Ryan Donaldson. Martin Rowlands crosses the ball in from the free kick.
- 22:02 Mark Molesley fouled by Rory McAuley, the ref awards a free kick. Martin Rowlands restarts play with the free kick.
- 19:38 Matt Paterson challenges Luke Berry unfairly and gives away a free kick. Chris Maxwell takes the free kick.
- 18:27 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Tom Champion by Manny Oyeleke. Free kick taken by Luke Berry.
- 14:55 Shot by Nathan Arnold went wide of the left-hand post.
- 11:48 GOAL - Joe Oastler:Aldershot 0 - 1 Cambridge Utd Joe Oastler heads into their own net. Aldershot 0-1 Cambridge Utd.
- 8:01 Corner taken short by Richard Tait.
- 7:21 Corner taken by Ryan Donaldson. Clearance by Craig Stanley.
- 5:08 The assistant referee flags for offside against Brett Williams. Free kick taken by Chris Maxwell.
- 0:16 Luke Berry challenges Craig Stanley unfairly and gives away a free kick. Free kick taken by Adam Webster.
- 0:00 The referee starts the match.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.