Forest Green 0 - 0 Luton
Forest Green and Luton cancelled each other out in an uninspired stalemate.
Matthew Barnes-Homer headed wide from close range early on for Rovers, while Luton's Luke Guttridge responded by forcing Sam Russell into a decent save.
The first half gradually petered out with genuine goalscoring chances few and far between.
And the second period followed suit, with Mark Cullen's shot over the bar for the Hatters and Barnes-Homer's off-target effort the closest to a goal.
VIEW FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Forest Green Rovers manager Dave Hockaday told BBC Radio Gloucestershire:
"I thought we got stronger and stronger, we've kept a clean sheet and looked a good strong team.
"I thought if either team was going to win it, it was going to be us. Looking at it now just after the game, I have to think a draw is a fair result.
"As the game wore on I just couldn't see them scoring unless we did something silly.
"I thought everyone who put a shirt on today put in a shift. We've kept a clean sheet and I thought was a very entertaining draw."
Luton Town manager John Still told BBC Three Counties Radio:
"It was our best performance of the season. We can get better and I think we will get better."
"If Manchester United go to Manchester City and it ends 0-0 I don't think anyone moans about the chances created because they're two good teams, so I think you have to take that into account.
"Defensively our organisation is very, very good. We have to do a bit more on the creativity side but it's getting better.
"With the quality of players they've got here, on paper they're a very good side but we've come here and really restricted them."
Live text and stats
Saturday, 24 August 2013
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Russell
- 02 Hodgkiss
- 03 Stokes yellow card
- 06 Bennett
- 15 Oshodi yellow card
- 04 Bangura yellow card
- 23 Barry
- 24 Kelly
- 07 Norwood (Koroma 90+2)
- 09 Wright (Klukowski 55)
- 18 Barnes-Homer (Vieira 66)
- 13 Bulman,
- 12 Asafu-Adjaye,
- 08 Klukowski,
- 10 Vieira,
- 20 Koroma
- 01 Tyler
- 05 McNulty yellow card
- 12 Griffiths
- 25 Henry
- 30 Lacey
- 04 Smith
- 21 Guttridge
- 22 Whalley
- 09 Shaw yellow card (Howells 56)
- 13 Cullen (Parry 79)
- 27 Gray
- 16 Justham,
- 11 Howells,
- 14 Parry,
- 18 Martin,
- 23 Robinson
- Forest Green 51%
- Luton 49%
Attempts on target
- Forest Green 4
- Luton 3
Attempts off target
- Forest Green 4
- Luton 4
- Forest Green 3
- Luton 4
- Forest Green 8
- Luton 9
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+4:09 The referee brings the game to a close.
- 90:00+2:59 Jonathan Smith gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Al Bangura. Sam Russell takes the free kick.
- 90:00+1:52 Substitution Omar Koroma on for James Norwood.
- 90:00+0:19 Dale Bennett concedes a free kick for a foul on Luke Guttridge. Shaun Whalley crosses the ball in from the free kick. Clearance by Chris Stokes.
- 89:10 Corner from the left by-line taken by Marcus Kelly. Clearance made by Jake Howells.
- 88:29 Andre Gray concedes a free kick for a foul on Dale Bennett. Free kick taken by Sam Russell.
- 86:17 James Norwood takes a shot. Blocked by Steve McNulty. Corner taken by Anthony Barry from the left by-line.
- 84:58 Booking
- 84:48 Foul by Eddie Oshodi on Jonathan Smith, free kick awarded. Eddie Oshodi shown a yellow card. Free kick taken by Andy Parry.
- 84:36 Magno Vieira takes a shot. Jonathan Smith gets a block in.
- 81:35 Chris Stokes fouled by Ronnie Henry, the ref awards a free kick. Free kick taken by Chris Stokes.
- 78:07 Substitution Andy Parry comes on in place of Mark Cullen.
- 73:53 Andre Gray concedes a free kick for a foul on Eddie Oshodi. Free kick taken by Sam Russell.
- 68:16 The assistant referee signals for offside against Andre Gray. Sam Russell restarts play with the free kick.
- 64:51 Substitution (Forest Green) makes a substitution, with Magno Vieira coming on for Matthew Barnes-Homer.
- 64:51 Matthew Barnes-Homer takes the chance to get an effort at goal and missed to the left of the goal.
- 63:52 Mark Cullen takes a shot.
- 62:29 Alex Lacey is caught offside. Free kick taken by Sam Russell.
- 61:35 Foul by Eddie Oshodi on Shaun Whalley, free kick awarded. Free kick crossed by Luke Guttridge. Clearance made by Al Bangura.
- 60:53 Al Bangura takes a shot. Blocked by Ronnie Henry.
- 58:35 Corner taken by Luke Guttridge. Al Bangura makes a clearance.
- 56:26 Eddie Oshodi concedes a free kick for a foul on Steve McNulty. Free kick taken by Mark Tyler.
- 55:37 Chris Stokes takes the free kick.
- 55:37 Substitution Jon Shaw leaves the field to be replaced by Jake Howells.
- 55:37 Jonathan Smith handles the ball and concedes a free kick.
- 54:11 Substitution Danny Wright leaves the field to be replaced by Yan Klukowski.
- 47:01 Booking
- 46:50 Free kick awarded for a foul by Steve McNulty on James Norwood. Steve McNulty is cautioned. Chris Stokes takes the free kick.
- 45:34 Marcus Kelly takes a shot. Mark Tyler catches the ball.
- 45:01 The referee gets the second half underway.
- Half Time
- 45:00+2:10 The first half comes to an end.
- 45:00+1:38 Scott Griffiths has an effort at goal and missed to the left of the target.
- 45:00+0:24 Al Bangura gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Shaun Whalley. Luke Guttridge shoots direct from the free kick against the wall.
- 41:21 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Al Bangura by Jon Shaw. Free kick taken by Sam Russell.
- 33:22 Chris Stokes challenges Ronnie Henry unfairly and gives away a free kick. Mark Tyler restarts play with the free kick.
- 29:43 Anthony Barry takes a shot and went wide right of the target.
- 28:25 Steve McNulty challenges Danny Wright unfairly and gives away a free kick. Anthony Barry crosses the ball in from the free kick. Mark Tyler catches the ball.
- 27:19 Booking
- 27:04 Free kick awarded for a foul by Al Bangura on Luke Guttridge. The referee books Al Bangura for unsporting behaviour. Free kick taken by Alex Lacey.
- 23:47 Marcus Kelly takes a shot. Steve McNulty gets a block in.
- 19:08 Corner from the right by-line taken by Marcus Kelly. Alex Lacey manages to make a clearance.
- 17:32 Unfair challenge on James Norwood by Scott Griffiths results in a free kick. Dale Bennett takes the free kick.
- 14:01 Booking
- 13:04 Booking
- 13:01 Free kick awarded for a foul by Jon Shaw on Sam Russell. Caution for Jon Shaw. Chris Stokes shown a yellow card. Sam Russell takes the free kick.
- 12:33 Mark Cullen takes a shot. Sam Russell catches the ball.
- 10:41 Mark Cullen takes a shot.
- 9:03 Mark Cullen takes a shot. Jared Hodgkiss gets a block in. Corner taken by Shaun Whalley. Sam Russell safely holds on.
- 7:31 Luke Guttridge takes a shot. Sam Russell parries the ball away. Corner from the left by-line taken by Scott Griffiths. Danny Wright makes a clearance.
- 6:09 Header at goal by Matthew Barnes-Homer goes right of the post.
- 5:06 Corner from the right by-line taken by Luke Guttridge. Clearance made by Al Bangura.
- 4:31 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Mark Cullen by Matthew Barnes-Homer. Andre Gray takes the free kick.
- 0:00 The referee gets the game underway.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.