Lincoln City 2 - 0 Wrexham
Ben Tomlinson struck twice as Lincoln City dominated visitors Wrexham.
The striker ran beyond his marker to open the scoring after Andy Boyce flicked on a long free-kick.
Wrexham struggled to cope with the Imps' aerial threat throughout and Tomlinson slid in for a late second after Bohan Dixon helped on a throw-in.
Brett Ormerod came closest to getting a shot on target for the visitors, but defender Nat Brown threw himself in the way to deny the Wrexham front man.
Lincoln had lost for the first time in the league this season at Cambridge United on Saturday but climb to fourth with this victory.
In contrast Wrexham, the losing play-off finalists last season, have now taken just five points from their first five Skrill Premier games of the new season and are winless since the opening day.
VIEW FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Wrexham player-manager Andy Morrell told BBC Radio Wales:
"We were inept, at best. Nobody doing their jobs, everyone doing their own thing. It looked like we were going to concede from every ball that was put in.
"It was the worst we've been since I've been in charge I think.
"We didn't create anything, there was no movement - just miles away from what we do really. If we're going to be like we're going to have a long season."
Live text and stats
Monday, 26 August 2013
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Farman
- 03 Newton
- 05 Boyce
- 23 Brown
- 06 Fofana
- 12 Sheridan (Miller 85)
- 15 Gray
- 19 Nolan
- 07 Fairhurst (Foster 73)
- 09 Rowe (Dixon 73)
- 11 Tomlinson
- 31 Preece,
- 02 Miller,
- 27 Foster,
- 04 Jordan,
- 17 Dixon
- 01 Mayebi
- 02 Wright (Clowes 36)
- 03 Ashton
- 14 Tomassen yellow card
- 27 Ntame
- 04 Thornton (Hunt 62)
- 06 Clarke
- 21 Evans
- 09 Bishop
- 10 Ormerod
- 22 Reid (Anyinsah 62)
- 13 Coughlin,
- 17 Clowes,
- 16 Hunt,
- 26 Anyinsah,
- 15 Ogleby
- Lincoln City 56%
- Wrexham 44%
Attempts on target
- Lincoln City 5
- Wrexham 1
Attempts off target
- Lincoln City 3
- Wrexham 3
- Lincoln City 9
- Wrexham 4
- Lincoln City 6
- Wrexham 6
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+3:44 The referee ends the match.
- 90:00+2:48 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Luke Foster by Joe Clarke. Free kick taken by Sean Newton.
- 89:54 Corner taken by Sean Newton from the left by-line. Corner taken by Sean Newton from the left by-line.
- 87:25 Rob Evans has an effort at goal and missed to the right of the target.
- 86:14 Ben Tomlinson handles the ball and concedes a free kick. Luke Foster takes the free kick.
- 84:44 Substitution Tom Miller replaces Jake Sheridan.
- 84:19 The referee penalises Andy Bishop for handball. Paul Farman takes the free kick.
- 82:00 Bohan Dixon provided the assist for the goal.
- 82:00 GOAL - Ben Tomlinson:Lincoln City 2 - 0 Wrexham Ben Tomlinson scores a right footed goal. Lincoln City 2-0 Wrexham.
- 80:42 Corner taken by Sean Newton from the right by-line. Joslain Mayebi punches the ball.
- 78:18 Corner taken by Neil Ashton from the right by-line.
- 74:42 Unfair challenge on Joe Anyinsah by Bohan Dixon results in a free kick. Steve Tomassen restarts play with the free kick.
- 72:56 Joslain Mayebi restarts play with the free kick.
- 72:56 Substitution Luke Foster comes on in place of Waide Fairhurst.
- 72:56 Substitution Bohan Dixon is brought on as a substitute for Danny Rowe.
- 72:56 The official flags Ben Tomlinson offside.
- 69:46 Corner taken by Joe Clarke.
- 68:58 Ben Tomlinson challenges Junior Ntame unfairly and gives away a free kick. Free kick taken by Joslain Mayebi. The offside flag is raised against Ben Tomlinson. Joslain Mayebi restarts play with the free kick.
- 68:11 Jon Nolan takes a shot. Joslain Mayebi catches the ball.
- 67:12 Brett Ormerod takes a shot. Blocked by Nathaniel Brown.
- 66:05 Rob Evans takes a shot and went wide of the right hand upright.
- 64:46 Booking
- 64:25 Mamadou Fofana fouled by Steve Tomassen, the ref awards a free kick. The referee cautions Steve Tomassen for unsporting behaviour. Paul Farman restarts play with the free kick.
- 61:06 Substitution Joe Anyinsah is brought on as a substitute for Bradley Reid.
- 61:06 Substitution Johnny Hunt joins the action as a substitute, replacing Kevin Thornton.
- 60:11 Corner taken by Danny Rowe. Joslain Mayebi punches the ball.
- 59:28 Corner from the left by-line taken by Danny Rowe. Joslain Mayebi safely holds on.
- 55:23 Andrew Boyce fouled by Neil Ashton, the ref awards a free kick. Free kick taken by Danny Rowe. Corner taken by Danny Rowe. Kevin Thornton manages to make a clearance. Corner taken by Sean Newton.
- 53:46 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Jon Nolan by Andy Bishop. Daniel Gray restarts play with the free kick.
- 50:51 Corner taken by Kevin Thornton from the right by-line. Clearance by Andrew Boyce.
- 49:44 Corner from the right by-line taken by Sean Newton.
- 45:01 The second half begins.
- Half Time
- 45:00+3:30 The whistle is blown to end the first half.
- 45:00+1:52 Handball decision goes against Neil Ashton. Free kick taken by Sean Newton.
- 45:00+0:47 Jake Sheridan takes a shot.
- 43:32 Joslain Mayebi fouled by Ben Tomlinson, the ref awards a free kick. Joslain Mayebi takes the free kick.
- 41:40 Junior Ntame gives away a free kick for an unfair challenge on Sean Newton. Free kick taken by Danny Rowe.
- 39:25 Waide Fairhurst takes a shot. Joslain Mayebi safely holds on.
- 37:35 The assist for the goal came from Andrew Boyce.
- 37:35 GOAL - Ben Tomlinson:Lincoln City 1 - 0 Wrexham Ben Tomlinson scores with their right foot. Lincoln City 1-0 Wrexham.
- 37:05 Andy Bishop concedes a free kick for a foul on Mamadou Fofana. Daniel Gray takes the free kick.
- 35:16 Substitution Leon Clowes comes on in place of Stephen Wright.
- 29:11 Jake Sheridan is caught offside. Joslain Mayebi restarts play with the free kick.
- 26:52 Corner taken by Sean Newton from the right by-line. Joslain Mayebi punches the ball.
- 24:29 Joe Clarke fouled by Daniel Gray, the ref awards a free kick. Free kick taken by Kevin Thornton.
- 23:45 Corner taken by Joe Clarke from the left by-line. Andrew Boyce makes a clearance.
- 22:31 The referee blows for offside against Waide Fairhurst. Free kick taken by Joslain Mayebi.
- 20:36 The assistant referee signals for offside against Brett Ormerod. Paul Farman restarts play with the free kick.
- 19:50 Andrew Boyce takes a shot. Joslain Mayebi punches the ball.
- 16:17 Shot by Waide Fairhurst went wide of the right-hand upright.
- 8:00 Waide Fairhurst has an effort at goal and missed to the left of the goal.
- 6:33 Kevin Thornton takes a shot.
- 5:47 Unfair challenge on Kevin Thornton by Sean Newton results in a free kick. Free kick taken by Neil Ashton.
- 1:35 Free kick awarded for a foul by Danny Rowe on Stephen Wright. Neil Ashton restarts play with the free kick.
- 0:00 The referee gets the match started.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.