AFC Wimbledon 3 - 1 Burton
AFC Wimbledon produced a strong second half display as they came from behind to defeat 10-man Burton at Kingsmeadow.
Marcus Holness was given a red card for raising his hands towards an opponent, despite this the visitors took the lead via Adam McGurk's deflected effort.
Harry Pell converted George Porter's cut back to equalise early in the second half and Jack Midson netted from close range to give the hosts the lead.
Andy Frampton sealed the three points with a headed effort late on.
VIEW FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
AFC Wimbledon manager Neal Ardley:
"I thought up until the sending off, although we weren't clear-cut, I still thought we were the better team at that point, we were passing the ball reasonably well and we hadn't created a lot.
"We changed the shape slightly to try and give us a better chance. We didn't give them one minute when we lost the ball, and forced them into longer passes, but then you've obviously got to have the quality in the final third and I thought we had that today.
"We talked to the boys in pre-season about our home pitch, and building up that momentum where our home ground is, and so far that's going really, really well.
"I'm pleased with the character they showed second half and we gave them a gameplan to go out and execute in the second half and they did it really well."
Live text and stats
Saturday, 21 September 2013
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Warner
- 02 Fuller
- 03 Kennedy (Arthur 47)
- 05 Frampton
- 06 Bennett
- 07 Francomb (Porter 47)
- 08 S Moore
- 11 L Moore
- 12 Pell (Sweeney 77)
- 09 Smith
- 10 Midson
- 22 Brown,
- 15 Fenlon,
- 24 Weston,
- 04 Sweeney,
- 19 Arthur,
- 31 Charlie Fayers,
- 21 Porter
- 01 Pickford
- 02 Edwards
- 05 Diamond
- 14 McCrory
- 21 Holness red card
- 07 Bell
- 08 Weir
- 11 MacDonald (Dyer 60)
- 20 McGurk
- 18 Knowles
- 28 Symes (Howe 58)
- 16 Lyness,
- 03 Hussey,
- 24 Slade,
- 10 Reed,
- 22 Dyer,
- 23 Palmer,
- 09 Howe
- AFC Wimbledon 68%
- Burton 32%
Attempts on target
- AFC Wimbledon 5
- Burton 1
Attempts off target
- AFC Wimbledon 2
- Burton 1
- AFC Wimbledon 8
- Burton 2
- AFC Wimbledon 2
- Burton 3
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+2:12 The game is over, as the referee blows the whistle.
- 90:00+1:06 Free kick taken by Peter Sweeney.
- 89:39 The ball is sent over by Peter Sweeney.
- 89:07 Damien McCrory makes a clearance.
- 89:03 George Porter produces a cross.
- 84:38 Chris Arthur delivers the ball.
- 84:17 Corner taken by Luke Moore from the left by-line.
- 83:39 The ball is crossed by Lee Bell.
- 82:00 Clearance made by Zander Diamond.
- 81:43 Ross Worner restarts play with the free kick.
- 81:34 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Alan Bennett by Rene Howe.
- 81:12 Andy Frampton manages to make a clearance.
- 81:09 The ball is delivered by Jack Dyer.
- 77:00 Substitution Peter Sweeney is brought on as a substitute for Harry Pell.
- 74:58 Header at goal by Rene Howe goes over the bar.
- 74:54 The ball is swung over by Lee Bell.
- 73:47 Assist by George Porter.
- 73:47 GOAL - Andy Frampton:AFC Wimbledon 3 - 1 Burton Andy Frampton scores a headed goal. AFC Wimbledon 3-1 Burton Albion.
- 73:41 Corner taken by George Porter from the right by-line.
- 68:59 GOAL - Jack Midson:AFC Wimbledon 2 - 1 Burton Jack Midson slots the ball right footed into the goal. AFC Wimbledon 2-1 Burton Albion.
- Correction - 68:59 GOAL - Jack Midson:AFC Wimbledon 2 - 1 Burton Jack Midson scores a left footed goal. AFC Wimbledon 2-1 Burton Albion.
- 68:19 The ball is swung over by Chris Arthur.
- 65:39 Clearance made by Zander Diamond.
- 65:36 Corner taken by Sammy Moore from the right by-line.
- 65:24 Chris Arthur has an effort at goal. Jordan Pickford parries the effort to safety.
- 65:03 Phil Edwards manages to make a clearance.
- 64:57 Corner taken by Luke Moore.
- 64:44 A cross is delivered by Sammy Moore.
- 61:37 Shot by Michael Smith went over the net.
- 61:32 Zander Diamond makes a clearance.
- 61:21 Corner taken by Luke Moore.
- 59:58 Header at goal by Michael Smith. Jordan Pickford parries the effort to safety.
- 59:05 Substitution Alex MacDonald goes off and Jack Dyer comes on.
- 57:16 Substitution Rene Howe comes on in place of Michael Symes.
- 57:05 Corner from the left by-line taken by Robbie Weir.
- 55:10 Ross Worner restarts play with the free kick.
- 55:05 Dominic Knowles concedes a free kick for a foul on Barry Fuller.
- 54:20 Luke Moore provided the assist for the goal.
- 54:20 GOAL - Harry Pell:AFC Wimbledon 1 - 1 Burton Harry Pell scores with their right foot. AFC Wimbledon 1-1 Burton Albion.
- Correction - 54:20 The assist for the goal came from Luke Moore.
- Correction - 54:20 GOAL - Michael Smith:AFC Wimbledon 1 - 1 Burton Michael Smith slots the ball right footed into the goal. AFC Wimbledon 1-1 Burton Albion.
- 53:48 The ball is swung over by Luke Moore.
- Correction - 53:48 Luke Moore delivers the ball.
- 49:28 Harry Pell challenges Robbie Weir unfairly and gives away a free kick.
- 48:38 Jack Midson takes a shot and cleared the net.
- 48:35 The ball is sent over by Chris Arthur.
- 46:42 Substitution Chris Arthur is brought on as a substitute for Callum Kennedy.
- 46:33 Substitution George Porter on for George Francomb.
- 45:55 Corner taken by Luke Moore from the .
- Correction - 45:01 Substitution George Francomb leaves the field to be replaced by George Porter.
- Correction - 45:01 Substitution (AFC Wimbledon) makes a substitution, with Chris Arthur coming on for Callum Kennedy.
- 45:01 The second half kicks off.
- Half Time
- 45:00+2:37 It is the end of the first-half.
- Correction - 45:00+0:56 Corner taken by Sammy Moore from the .
- 45:00+0:56 Corner taken by Sammy Moore from the right by-line.
- Correction - 35:40 Corner from the taken by Sammy Moore.
- 35:40 Corner from the left by-line taken by Sammy Moore.
- 29:54 The assist for the goal came from Alex MacDonald.
- 29:54 GOAL - Adam McGurk:AFC Wimbledon 0 - 1 Burton Adam McGurk scores a headed goal. AFC Wimbledon 0-1 Burton Albion.
- 29:50 Corner taken by Alex MacDonald.
- Correction - 25:54 Alex MacDonald provided the assist for the goal.
- Correction - 25:54 GOAL - Adam McGurk:AFC Wimbledon 0 - 1 Burton Adam McGurk grabs a goal with a left foot finish. AFC Wimbledon 0-1 Burton Albion.
- Correction - 25:50 Corner from the right by-line taken by Alex MacDonald.
- 19:53 Marcus Holness sent off.
- 19:53 Sent off
- 19:42 Foul by Marcus Holness on Michael Smith, free kick awarded.
- 13:14 Foul by Sammy Moore on Lee Bell, free kick awarded.
- Correction - 3:44 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Lee Bell by Sammy Moore.
- Correction - 0:00 The referee gets the game started.
- 0:00 The referee gets the game underway.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.