Aldershot 2 - 0 Wrexham
Aldershot brought Wrexham's recent revival to an end with a comfortable win at the Recreation Ground.
After an even first half, Mark Moseley took advantage of a slip by Jay Harris to fire past Joslain Mayebi in the Wrexham goal.
Wrexham had a chance to equalise but Andy Bishop took an air shot after being set up by Robert Ogleby.
And then substitute Jordan Roberts scored a second for the home team with 10 minutes left to make the game safe.
The result was a blow for Wrexham boss Andy Morrell who had seen his team win on their previous two outings after suffering a run of three consecutive defeats.
It was Aldershot's fifth win this term, but they remain in the bottom four after being docked 10 points before the start of the season for going into administration.
VIEW FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Aldershot Town manager Andy Scott told BBC Surrey:
"Everyone played their part against a great Wrexham side, who are tipped to be up there.
"I'm delighted for everyone at the club, the fans and the players, because what people don't see is the hard work that goes Monday to Friday.
"Obviously we are judged on a Saturday so to put on a performance like that and after a kick in the teeth on Tuesday, we came out fighting.
"That was probably our most complete performance in terms of passing and moving the ball and the work rate was still there as well."
Wrexham manager Andy Morrell said: "We didn't deserve to win. It wasn't good enough, nowhere near. The difference from Tuesday to today was immense.
"Half the team didn't play to the standards we've set recently and we didn't move the ball quickly enough. I thought Aldershot played well."
Live text and stats
Saturday, 21 September 2013
|Home Team||Score||Away Team||Time|
- 01 Morris
- 05 Goodman
- 06 Webster
- 15 Barker
- 04 Stanley
- 08 Rowlands
- 12 Oyeleke
- 19 Molesley
- 24 Young (Roberts 67)
- 09 Williams
- 10 Paterson (Gibbs 90+4)
- 21 Williams,
- 03 Tonkin,
- 11 Wickham,
- 14 Roberts,
- 22 Gibbs
- 01 Mayebi
- 03 Ashton
- 14 Tomassen
- 27 Ntame yellow card
- 28 Artell
- 06 Clarke
- 08 Harris
- 16 Hunt (Carrington 86)
- 25 Theo Bailey-Jones (Cieslewicz 53)
- 09 Bishop
- 10 Ormerod (Ogleby 66)
- 13 Coughlin,
- 17 Clowes,
- 07 Cieslewicz,
- 29 Carrington,
- 15 Ogleby
- Aldershot 63%
- Wrexham 37%
Attempts on target
- Aldershot 6
- Wrexham 2
Attempts off target
- Aldershot 9
- Wrexham 3
- Aldershot 6
- Wrexham 4
- Aldershot 1
- Wrexham 7
- Final Result
- Full Time
- 90:00+4:49 The referee blows for the end of the match.
- 90:00+3:25 Substitution Jaydon Gibbs joins the action as a substitute, replacing Matt Paterson.
- 90:00+2:34 Adrian Cieslewicz takes a shot. Glenn Morris safely holds on.
- 86:50 Neil Ashton is penalised for a handball. Glenn Morris takes the free kick.
- 85:55 Substitution Mark Carrington is brought on as a substitute for Johnny Hunt.
- 84:50 Short corner taken by Martin Rowlands.
- 84:24 Shot by Mark Molesley. Fine finger tip save by Joslain Mayebi.
- 83:10 Corner taken by Johnny Hunt from the right by-line. Adam Webster makes a clearance.
- 79:49 Brett Williams provided the assist for the goal.
- 79:49 GOAL - Jordan Roberts:Aldershot 2 - 0 Wrexham Jordan Roberts scores. Aldershot 2-0 Wrexham.
- 78:06 Foul by Robert Ogleby on Jordan Roberts, free kick awarded. Glenn Morris takes the free kick.
- 73:13 Andy Bishop takes a shot. Blocked by Jake Goodman.
- 69:31 Matt Paterson takes a shot. Joslain Mayebi safely holds on.
- 68:05 Corner taken by Chris Barker. Clearance by Joe Clarke.
- 67:44 Shot by Matt Paterson. Joslain Mayebi blocks the ball.
- 66:24 Substitution Jordan Roberts is brought on as a substitute for Lewis Young.
- 65:22 Substitution Robert Ogleby comes on in place of Brett Ormerod.
- 63:02 Mark Molesley takes a shot.
- 60:42 GOAL - Mark Molesley:Aldershot 1 - 0 Wrexham Mark Molesley slots the ball right footed into the goal. Aldershot 1-0 Wrexham.
- 58:14 Header at goal by Brett Ormerod goes over the frame of the goal.
- 55:04 Matt Paterson takes a weak shot and cleared the net.
- 53:41 Corner from the right by-line taken by Chris Barker.
- 52:21 Substitution Adrian Cieslewicz joins the action as a substitute, replacing Theo Bailey-Jones.
- 49:54 Booking
- 49:39 Free kick awarded for a foul by Junior Ntame on Lewis Young. Junior Ntame booked. Jake Goodman restarts play with the free kick.
- 46:03 Shot by Theo Bailey-Jones went wide of the left-hand upright.
- 45:01 The referee blows the whistle to start the second half.
- Half Time
- 45:00+1:13 The first half comes to an end.
- 45:00+0:13 Matt Paterson takes a shot.
- 41:59 Shot by Brett Williams cleared the bar.
- 40:19 Corner taken by Johnny Hunt. Clearance by Chris Barker.
- 35:22 Neil Ashton concedes a free kick for a foul on Mark Molesley. Martin Rowlands takes the free kick.
- 33:43 Andy Bishop concedes a free kick for a foul on Adam Webster. Glenn Morris takes the free kick.
- 31:26 Corner taken by Chris Barker. Clearance made by Neil Ashton.
- 27:32 The ball is crossed by Martin Rowlands. Header by Matt Paterson goes to the left of the goal.
- 25:18 Corner taken by Craig Stanley from the left by-line. Clearance by Neil Ashton.
- 24:27 Joe Clarke is adjudged to have handled the ball. Free kick taken by Martin Rowlands.
- 23:04 Lewis Young takes a shot. Diving save by Joslain Mayebi.Corner taken by Craig Stanley. Header by Matt Paterson misses left.
- 21:45 Free kick awarded for a foul by Jay Harris on Mark Molesley. Craig Stanley takes the free kick. Header by Adam Webster goes to the left of the goal.
- 20:55 Shot by Lewis Young went wide right of the target.
- 20:09 Andy Bishop is flagged offside by the assistant referee. Free kick taken by Glenn Morris.
- 19:36 Unfair challenge on Lewis Young by Johnny Hunt results in a free kick. Free kick taken by Manny Oyeleke.
- 15:48 Free kick awarded for an unfair challenge on Junior Ntame by Matt Paterson. Junior Ntame restarts play with the free kick.
- 14:49 Jay Harris takes a shot and went wide of the right hand post.
- 10:57 The assistant referee flags for offside against Theo Bailey-Jones. Free kick taken by Glenn Morris.
- 9:23 The official flags Andy Bishop offside. Glenn Morris takes the free kick.
- 7:20 Corner taken by Joe Clarke from the left by-line.
- 6:44 Corner taken by Joe Clarke from the left by-line. Clearance made by Adam Webster.
- 3:47 Unfair challenge on Mark Molesley by Steve Tomassen results in a free kick. Craig Stanley takes the free kick.
- 2:59 Martin Rowlands takes a shot.
- 0:00 The referee gets the game underway.
Live text and data provided by The Press Association.