French Open third round leaderboard
- -5: G McDowell (NI), R Sterne (SA)
- -4: D Howell (Eng), R Green (Aus), B Wiesberger (Aut)
- -3: S Kjeldsen (Den), S Dyson (Eng)
- -2: T Bjorn (Den)
- Selected others -2: G Storm (Eng), L Slattery (Eng), M Warren (Sco)
- -1 : S Khan (Eng), G Bourdy (Fra), F Molinari (Ita)
- level: I Poulter (Eng)
- Selected others level : M A Jimenez (Spa) R Ramsay (Sco),
Graeme McDowell shares the lead with South Africa's Richard Sterne heading into Sunday's final round at the French Open in Paris.
Northern Irishman McDowell shot a one-under 70 at the tough Le Golf National course which moved him to five under.
England's David Howell is one shot behind the leaders, along with Bernd Wiesberger and Richard Green.
"I played very nicely and continued on from where I left off on Thursday and Friday," said McDowell.
Denmark's Thomas Bjorn led by two shots after he had moved to seven under after 10 holes.
However, he dropped five shots in his closing eight holes to slip three off the pace.
In contrast, McDowell coped well over the tough closing stretch of holes, although he did drop a shot at the 17th to finish with two birdies and one bogey on his scorecard.
England's Ian Poulter, a 12-time winner on the European Tour, shot a two under 69 and is five shots off the pace.
After McDowell, Gareth Maybin is the next best Northern Irish player on two over after hitting a battling 71.
Gareth Shaw lost ground as a 74 left him on two over while Alan Dunbar (72) and Michael Hoey (74) are four over.