Mike Hay, GB's chef de mission at the 2014 Winter Olympics, rejects accusations that sports at the Games are elitist.
Tennis legend Billie-Jean King urges the International Olympic Committee to assess equal opportunity policies of future venues
- Sochi 2014 Cheats will be found 'sooner or later'
- Sailing Olympic medallist Glanfield retires
- India India Olympics suspension lifted
- Swimming Swimming to appeal funding cuts
- Four sports lose Olympic funding
- Sochi 2014 Drugs 'biggest threat to Olympic sport'
- Swimming Thorpe in rehab after police called
- Rowing Beijing champion Purchase retires
- Rowing Watkins will not defend Olympic gold
- Tennis Six sports must improve or lose cash
- Africa Kenya athletes threaten boycott
- Disability Sport Brown given Rio Paralympic hope
- Sport Rio Laureus Sports Awards cancelled
- Basketball Deng plans Great Britain return
Video & Audio
Video & Audio
- ARCHERY Archery news
- ATHLETICS Athletics news
- BADMINTON Badminton news
- CANOEING Canoeing news
- CYCLING Cycling news
- DIVING Diving news
- EQUESTRIAN Equestrian news
- FENCING Fencing news
- GYMNASTICS Gymnastics news
- HOCKEY Hockey news
- JUDO Judo news
- MODERN PENTATHLON Modern pentathlon news
- SAILING Sailing news
- SHOOTING Shooting news
- SWIMMING Swimming news
- TAEKWONDO Taekwondo news
- TRIATHLON Triathlon news
- VOLLEYBALL Volleyball news
- WEIGHTLIFTING Weightlifting news
- WINTER SPORTS Winter sports news
- WRESTLING Wrestling news
Around the web
Inside the Games
More Than The Games
AROUND THE RINGS
BBC Sport looks at how Team GB performed in Sochi after surpassing the medal target set by UK Sport
2012 around the BBC
GB athletes parade through London to mark their sporting achievements this summer.
Some memorable images of the day Olympic and Paralympic athletes are carried on floats through central London, cheered on by thousands of fans.
World press reaction to the London 2012 Paralympic Games.
Get Involved: Sport Guides
With expert analysis, rules, history, ones to watch and an explanation of just why it is good for you, BBC Sport provides guides to each Olympic sport and how to get involved if you want to try them out.