Sark to Jersey 2013: Weather forces race to be postponed

Saturday's Sark to Jersey rowing race has been postponed until 6 July because of forecasted bad weather.

Rough weather is predicted which will see a swell expected to be outside the race's safety limits.

Nearly 60 boats, including two crews from Devon, were registered to take part in the race from Dixcart Bay in Sark to Bonne Nuit in Jersey.

The race was postponed twice last year because of conditions at sea before being won by Guernsey crew Geomarine.