Gossip column: Fabregas, Toure, Hart, Bravo, Slimani, Mustafi, Barbosa
For a list of all the completed deals, check out the transfers page.
Midfielder Cesc Fabregas is considering leaving Chelsea after being left on the bench for their Premier League opener against West Ham. Real Madrid are considering a move for the 29-year-old Spain international. (Sport - in Spanish)
Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure, 33, wants to stay at the club despite being left at home for the first leg of their Champions League qualifier against Steaua Bucharest. (Daily Mirror)
Ivory Coast international Toure stands to earn £11m from seeing out the final season of his contract at Etihad Stadium. (Daily Express)
City are set to sign Barcelona goalkeeper Claudio Bravo, 33, once the Spanish side find a replacement. (Daily Mail)
Manchester United are favourites to sign Santos forward Gabriel Barbosa for £30m. The 19-year-old had been set to join Premier League champions Leicester. (Sun)
England manager Sam Allardyce plans to select Southampton goalkeeper Fraser Forster, 28, for next month's World Cup qualifier against Slovakia, instead of Manchester City's Joe Hart, 29. (Daily Telegraph)
Leicester are preparing an improved contract for midfielder Danny Drinkwater, 26, who has already rejected an improved deal. Tottenham are among a host of clubs interested in the England international. (Sun)
Having had two bids rejected last month, Crystal Palace are set to make an improved offer to Liverpool for striker Christian Benteke, 25. (Times - subscription required)
Palace also hope to sign 26-year-old Newcastle midfielder Moussa Sissoko after selling winger Yanick Bolasie, 27, and midfielder Mile Jedinak, 32. (Daily Telegraph)
West Bromwich Albion have made a revised £21m offer for Sporting Lisbon's Algeria striker Islam Slimani, 28. (Daily Mail)
Arsenal expect to sign 24-year-old Valencia defender Shkodran Mustafi, despite the deal stalling over the weekend. (Goal)
Liverpool's £25m bid for Mahmoud Dahoud has been turned down by German giants Borussia Monchengladbach. They made a move for the 20-year-old midfielder over the weekend but were told to not bother with an improved offer. (Sun)
Reds boss Jurgen Klopp will persevere with under-fire left-back Alberto Moreno, 24, rather than enter the transfer market to bolster Liverpool's options in the position. (Daily Express)
Watford have agreed a £13m deal to sign 25-year-old Juventus midfielder Roberto Pereyra. (Sky Sports)
Sunderland midfielder Liam Bridcutt, 27 is set to join Leeds United.(Northern Echo)
Watford defensive midfielder Mario Suarez, 29, has agreed terms with Valencia. (Plaza Deportiva, via Watford Observer)
West Brom are hopeful of completing the £12m signing of versatile Leicester City player Jeff Schlupp, 23.(Leicester Mercury)
Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is interested in FC Koln's £20m-rated Germany left-back Jonas Hector, 26. (Daily Mirror)
Best of social media
A tweet from West Ham's shirt sponsors during Monday's defeat by Chelsea was particularly critical of Michail Antonio.
Burnley are yet to make an official announcement, but it seems Belgium midfielder Steven Defour has joined them...
The delay may be down to an important national holiday in Belgium...
Monaco's mascot Bouba the elephant took inspiration from three-time Olympic 100m champion Usain Bolt...
Yannick Bolasie posted Everton's club motto - 'nothing but the best is good enough' - on Twitter to mark his move from Crystal Palace...
UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor jokingly said he would "slap the head off" Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo if they ever fought in the octagon. (BT Sport)