Tyson Fury v Wladimir Klitschko: Doping hearing to take place after rematch
A hearing into Tyson Fury's charge for an alleged doping violation will take place in November, after his rematch with Wladimir Klitschko on 29 October.
Fury upset Klitschko last November to secure the WBA, IBF and WBO heavyweight titles but was charged by the UK Anti-Doping Agency (Ukad) in June.
A provisional suspension was lifted pending an independent investigation.
Fury, who fights Klitschko at the Manchester Arena, has denied any wrongdoing and threatened to sue Ukad.
Co-promoter Frank Warren said: "After all the injuries and contractual problems, there is no danger of the fight not happening."
Fury confident of being cleared
The road to Fury-Klitschko II has been a rocky one. It was originally scheduled for July before the 28-year-old Englishman turned an ankle in training.
In June, the media got wind that Fury and his cousin Hughie, also a heavyweight boxer, had been charged with a doping offence after the banned substance nandrolone was allegedly discovered in their urine samples.
However, the samples were taken 19 months ago, nine months before Fury outpointed his Ukrainian rival, 40, in Dusseldorf.
Fury claims he was told by Ukad that he would face no action over the test and that a blood test taken at the time, as well as all tests since, revealed no traces. Hughie's case will also be reviewed by the National Anti-Doping Panel.
Fury's long-time promoter Mick Hennessy said he was "very, very confident" that his fighter would be exonerated after the investigation.
Fury did not attend Monday's news conference in London because his car broke down on the way down from his home in Morecambe.
But his uncle and trainer Peter Fury said the boxer was "very upset" with Ukad and the way he has been treated by the British public.
"There's been chaos around this fight, especially with Ukad slipping statements out to the press," said Peter Fury.
"Tyson was found guilty before he was even tried. But I told him that the main thing is he knows what the truth is and that it will come out eventually."
Klitschko not surprised by Fury no-show
At a news conference to announce the first fight between the two rivals, Fury turned up as Batman, prompting Klitschko to speculate that perhaps he had dressed as the Invisible Man on Monday.
Klitschko, who had threatened to sue Fury's team over alleged contract tampering, also suggested his rival might not even show up on fight night.
"I wouldn't have been surprised if Tyson Fury had turned up and sung a song, so I'm not surprised he hasn't turned up at all," said Klitschko, whose defeat by Fury in their first encounter was his first for more than 11 years.
"Even if it doesn't happen in October, I will wait. I've never had such a long break between fights but I've been active, even if I haven't been competing.
"I'm just waiting for my revenge. I just hope he's going to turn up.
"I'm enjoying being the challenger. It has been a great experience for me and it has made me obsessed with the goal of getting the belts back again."
"I don't feel my age. I'm still capable of performing as an athlete and I've just gained more experience as a fighter. And I'm not concerned about ring rust, because ring rust is in your head."
Asked how the rematch would be different, Klitschko said: "The end of the fight is going to be different. I'm not just obsessed about winning this fight, I'm obsessed about winning impressively."
Since beating Klitschko, Fury has been stripped of his IBF title for refusing to fight the governing body's mandatory challenger.
The IBF belt is now held by Fury's compatriot Anthony Joshua, while American Deontay Wilder is the WBC champion.