Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil: Arsene Wenger thinks Arsenal pair want to stay
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is confident Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil want to stay at the club but says his own future is "not sorted completely".
Contract talks with Ozil, 28, and Sanchez are on hold until the summer.
Sanchez, 28, has been quoted stating he wants to stay in London at a club with a "winning mentality", prompting speculation of a move to Chelsea.
"I personally believe both of them want to stay and I hope the club will find an agreement with them," said Wenger.
Both players are under contract until June 2018 but speculation over their futures has been widespread during the current campaign.
The Arsenal manager, 67, stressed the situation was "not an immediate concern" and that there was no need to sell key players, unlike in past seasons when the club did so based on their financial position.
Chilean Sanchez was quoted in his homeland saying: "I'm happy in London [home of both Arsenal and current Premier League leaders Chelsea] and I want to finish my contract. I like to stay in one place, one city, where the team fights for titles."
Wenger emphasised he took Sanchez's words in "a very positive way".
"Alexis said he wants to win the championship, that's what everybody wants," added Wenger.
'Not sorted completely'
Wenger was offered a new contract earlier this season but several ex-Arsenal players have stated his 21 years at the club are coming to an end in the face of mounting fan frustration at perceived underachievement.
The Gunners remain in the FA Cup but have exited the Champions League and sit sixth in the Premier League, form which has seen sections of supporters hold banners and sing songs asking Wenger to leave.
He promised clarity on his future "soon" less than two weeks ago, but on Thursday said: "It's a subject that at the moment it is not sorted completely out.
"I'm very clear in my mind. Do I stay two months or two years? My commitment will be exactly the same all the time. It does not influence my attitude."
Striker Lucas Perez has told Spanish media that Wenger has not communicated any decision to the players, but that he expects the manager to stay.
Arsenal have lost six of their last nine games but, asked if the issue was creating a distraction, Wenger added: "I believe the priority in life is to focus on what is important, not to look for excuses."
Arsenal meet hosts Manchester City on Sunday and the visitors' boss Pep Guardiola has called criticism of Wenger "unacceptable".
In turn Wenger said: "I respect him hugely as a manager, exceptional career, once he's been at Man City 20 years don't worry, he'll get the same treatment."
'We are stupid'
Wenger confirmed midfielder Santi Cazorla's season was over because of the ankle injury which has kept him out since October, while Petr Cech could also miss the next two fixtures.
The former Monaco boss also praised the impact of video technology in Spain's 2-0 win in France on Tuesday, stating the move "should have happened a long time ago".
The use of technology saw an Antoine Griezmann goal ruled out and later a Gerard Deulofeu goal awarded after a 40-second wait while the decision was made.
Wenger said: "I thought we are really stupid, why did that not happen 15 years ago? The football world is a regressive world that's scared to move forward."