Ashes 2015: Australia's Brad Haddin to miss Lord's Test
|England v Australia, Second Test|
|Venue: Lord's. Dates: 16-20 July.|
|Coverage: Ball-by-ball Test Match Special commentary on BBC Radio 5 live sports extra, Radio 4 LW, online, tablets, mobiles and BBC Sport app. Live text commentary on the BBC Sport website.|
Australia wicketkeeper Brad Haddin will miss this week's second Ashes Test against England at Lord's for personal reasons.
Haddin, 37, did not train on Tuesday and his absence from the side could lead to a Test debut for Peter Nevill.
Fast bowler Mitchell Starc is expected to be fit despite needing pain-killing injections on an ankle injury during last week's first Test in Cardiff.
The second Test starts on Thursday, with England leading the series 1-0.
Haddin, who was playing in his 66th Test match, made scores of 22 and 7 at Cardiff but also dropped Joe Root on 0 before he went on to make 134 in the first innings of England's 169-run victory.
Nevill, 29, has not represented Australia in a Test match, one-day international or T20 game but did play in their 169-run warm-up victory against Essex earlier this month.
Bowler Peter Siddle backed the New South Wales wicketkeeper to perform well if he is selected at Lord's.
"He has had a couple of great years in first-class cricket and, if it's this Test or in future, then I've no doubt he will be ready to go," said Siddle.
'Standards have slipped'
Fast bowler Siddle was not selected for the Cardiff Test but could feature at Lord's if Starc's ankle injury rules him out.
The 30-year-old thinks his side became complacent but still expects them to retain the Ashes.
"We need to perform better with bat and ball," said Siddle. "Our standards over the last couple of years have been high quality but we let that slip in Cardiff.
"What we have been is very consistent with our bowling and our line and length but we were not anywhere near our normal high standards - and that showed.
"But the boys are upbeat and want to turn things around - I can see a different contest this week.
"I remember in 1997 we lost the first Test and still won the Ashes. We will be playing strong and aggressive cricket and we will be looking to level the series."
'Australia will come back stronger'
England opener Adam Lyth expects a tougher Test match in London.
"Australia are number one in the world for a reason so they will come back stronger and we have to counter that and keep playing good solid cricket," Lyth told BBC Radio 5 live.
"We played fantastically well at Cardiff and maybe we're the favourites, but we have to get down to business and prepare well. If we play like we did at Cardiff and against New Zealand then we will be fine."
Lyth, who made scores of six and 37 in the opening Test, has only passed 40 in one of his six Test innings but will not change his batting style.
The 27-year-old Yorkshire player added: "I've got to play my way and if it's there to be hit I will hit it. You have to play to your strengths. I'm an attacking batsman."
'We will have a drink at the end of the series'
England bowler James Anderson said Australia's players rejected the offer of a post-match drink after the first Test, but Siddle said he would not expect opposing teams to socialise during the series.
"This is the fifth Ashes I've played in and it's the first time anyone has gone for a drink after just one Test," said Siddle. "It's interesting coming from Jimmy as at the Oval in 2013 he said: 'I don't know why we do this, I can't stand this.' It's interesting comments but we know what Jimmy is like.
"It is always hard, aggressive matches from both countries but after the game we move on to the next one and go again. We will be happy to have a drink with England at the end of the series."
Lyth added: "It would've been nice to share a beer but at the end of the day it's up to them. The door will be open and likewise if we get beat we will be knocking on their door with a few beers."