Dagenham & Redbridge lose Femi Ilesanmi appeal
Dagenham & Redbridge have lost their appeal against the red card shown to defender Femi Ilesanmi in Tuesday's 1-1 draw against Leyton Orient.
The 19-year-old was sent off after bringing down Orient midfielder Paul-Jose Mpoku to give away a late penalty.
He will be suspended for two games because he was also sent off while on loan at Histon earlier in the season.
That means he will miss Saturday's visit of Sheffield Wednesday and Tuesday's clash with Brighton.
Before the decision Daggers boss John Still had made it clear he believed his centre-half should never have been given his marching orders.
"I watched the DVD and I didn't think there was any contact," he told the club website.
"I took the DVD into the club and six individuals have all watched it, some independent from the club, and said he didn't touch him and therefore we've decided to appeal.
"If the appeal panel see what we all see, it won't get us the points back we've lost but at least we'll have Femi."