Rangers stand firm on Kenny Miller bid

Kenny Miller left Rangers in January
Miller left Rangers in January but was the club's top scorer last season

Rangers insist they will not make an increased bid to bring Kenny Miller back to Ibrox after Bursaspor rejected their £400,000 offer for the striker.

Rangers' offer matches what Bursaspor paid for Miller in January but the Turks are seeking substantially more in order to buy a replacement.

And Bursaspor say they have received a higher bid from another British club for the unsettled player.

BBC Scotland has learned that Cardiff City are interested in the 31-year-old.

"I know he wants to come home and I would hazard a guess that Bursaspor may not be the easiest to deal with," said Gers manager Ally McCoist on Tuesday.

Last week, Ibrox director of football Gordon Smith warned that Miller would have to agree to a significant drop in wages to facilitate a return to Rangers.

"Is Kenny prepared to look at the wage structure of Scottish football as opposed to Turkish football?" said Smith.

"That is what attracted him there in the first place. He is very well paid."

Miller left Rangers for Bursaspor in January but is thought to be keen on a third spell in Govan after struggling to adapt to life in Turkey.

And Smith believes Miller is fully aware that he will have to accept a much lower wage to secure a move back to Ibrox.

"I understand he has made it clear to people in the media that, if he comes back here, it would not be on the same sort of basis financially," he added.

"I think he does realise that the only way we could consider it is by putting himself in a position where it is attractive for us."

Top Stories