Man City boss Roberto Mancini expects Carlos Tevez to stay
Roberto Mancini believes Carlos Tevez could stay at Manchester City after his family returned to the city.
The wantaway Argentina striker returned as a substitute in City's on Sunday after seeing a move to Corinthians break down last month.
There have been no other offers for the 27-year-old, and Mancini is hopeful of keeping him at the Etihad Stadium.
"His family is here now. Now that his family is here I think that he can stay," City manager Mancini said.
"I think this is a good moment for this club. Carlos is one of the best players that we have."
Tevez has repeatedly spoken of being unsettled in Manchester, and has said that he will not return to the city once his contract with the club comes to an end.
City accepted a bid from the Brazilian side for him last month, but they later withdrew it leaving Tevez with no option other than to return to Eastlands following Argentina's unsuccessful Copa America campaign.
Mancini has added Tevez's compatriot Sergio Aguero and Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri to his squad as he prepares for the club's first Champions League campaign, and believes that may convince last season's top scorer to stay with City.
"I think so," said Mancini. "He is not fit, he has only worked for two weeks.
"But I think with the good players that arrive in this team - after we won the FA Cup last year - they can try to think next year we can win the title.
"I think Carlos can play also next year."