No Chelsea approach for Oluwaseyi Ojo, say MK Dons

Oluwaseyi Ojo
Ojo has already featured for MK Dons Under-18s and England Under-16s

MK Dons boss Karl Robinson is unaware of an approach from Chelsea for schoolboy Oluwaseyi Ojo, but has not ruled out future interest.

The Blues have reportedly tabled a £1.5m bid for the highly rated 14-year-old striker.

But, when asked whether an approach had been made, Robinson told BBC Three Counties Radio: "Not to my knowledge.

"That's not to say they or another Premier League club won't approach us. He's as good as I've seen at that age."

Future prospect Ojo, who has been with the MK academy since 2007, played for the club's Under-18s aged 13, is a regular in the Under-16s and has trained with the senior squad.

He also made his England Under-16s debut earlier this month and is one of many youngsters to emerge from the Dons' youth set-up, which also produced recent West Ham signing Sam Baldock.

"At 14 years of age, for the media to be wrapped up in figures and clubs like they are at the moment, it's only putting the boy in an uncomfortable situation," said Robinson. "But, if he keeps developing as he is, he will be a top player.

"The boy is a talent and will play at the highest level one day.

"It's just like West Ham coming in for Sam Baldock. When you're talented, people want you."

Robinson takes issue with youth set-up changes

Meanwhile, Robinson is struggling to complete a deal to extend Clinton Morrison's loan spell from Sheffield Wednesday.

The 32-year-old has scored three goals in five games for the Dons.

"They're trying to stop him coming here for a couple of months," said Robinson.

"Clinton knows I want him to stay here for another month. He wants to stay here for another month. It's just that certain things don't allow that to happen."

Top Stories