Newcastle's Yohan Cabaye banned over Adam El-Abd incident
Newcastle's Yohan Cabaye has been banned for three games by the Football Association for violent conduct.
The Frenchman denied deliberately kicking out at Adam El-Abd during Newcastle's FA Cup fourth-round defeat by Brighton on Saturday.
Reacting to the verdict, Cabaye tweeted: "3 matchs ban it's a real injustice but life goes on !!! In my teammates i trust ..."
He misses games against Blackburn, Aston Villa and Tottenham.
He contested the FA charge but a regulatory commission found him guilty.
Cabaye appeared to catch El-Abd in the face after kicking out following a challenge by the Brighton defender but match referee Lee Probert took no action at the time.
Newcastle said they would enlist the help of El-Abd before the commission after being contacted by the south coast club.
Manager Alan Pardew had been hopeful of getting the charge dismissed and said on Tuesday: "I had a call from the Brighton coaching team to suggest their player wants to support our player."