Gillingham 1-1 Brackley Town
Bradley Dack's volley in the seventh minute of injury time rescued Gillingham and denied Brackley a famous FA Cup first-round scalp.
Conference North Brackley were nearly ahead after four minutes when Steve Diggin hit the crossbar with a volley.
But they took the lead through Joe Martin's 69th-minute own goal.
Town looked to be heading to the second round for the first time in their history but Dack latched onto Adebayo Akinfenwa's header to deny them.
VIEW FROM THE DRESSING ROOM
Gillingham interim manager Peter Taylor told BBC Radio Kent:
"It was not what we are looking for, we want better than that, but the FA Cup always has shocks.
"We kick-off and Brackley, who did ever so well and deserve credit, had a great move in the first minute and it made our players even more nervous.
"On the plus side we kept going, and that's the most important thing.
"(About the manager's job) I haven't discussed that. We only spoke very quickly about the performance and the goal, that's about it. But I don't want to hear anything about that at the minute."
- 23HarrimanBooked at 13mins
- 3J Martin
- 5DaviesSubstituted forAkinfenwaat 66'minutes
- 26BarrettBooked at 50mins
- 11WestonSubstituted forDackat 66'minutes
- 18LeeBooked at 40minsSubstituted forMousinhoat 67'minutes
- 2ReidBooked at 14mins
- 3McDonaldSubstituted forNisevicat 45'minutes
- 10DigginSubstituted forJarvisat 89'minutes
- 9MulliganSubstituted forMillsat 70'minutes
- Lee Collins
- Shots on Target