Hereford United 1-0 Forest Green Rovers
Hereford United striker Jon Brown struck his first goal for the Bulls to settle the outcome against Forest Green Rovers at Edgar Street.
The 23-year-old summer signing had failed to find the net in 15 matches.
But he produced the game's only goal, finding the bottom left corner from inside the box when the visitors failed to deal with Micah Evans' cross.
Brown went close to a second with a 67th-minute header, before Rovers sub Steve Brogan fired an effort just wide.
Forest Green had also gone close when Al Bangura's powerful drive was palmed away for a corner by keeper Dan Lloyd-Weston, who also denied Marcus Kelly after Danny Wright had seen a low shot saved.
The Bulls' second straight 1-0 home win lifts Martin Foyle's men up a place to 16th in the Conference Premier.
That is now nine points clear of danger going into the New Year's Day return home derby meeting with Kidderminster Harriers.
Rovers, who are just two points better off in 14th, are also back in action on New Year's Day at Aldershot, who they beat 3-1 on Boxing Day.
- 5McDonaldBooked at 77mins
- 3BushBooked at 63mins
- 12CollinsSubstituted forLeadbitterat 67'minutes
- 15RankineSubstituted forWalkerat 79'minutes
- 10SharpSubstituted forEdgeat 84'minutes
- 12Asafu-AdjayeBooked at 90mins
- 24KellySubstituted forBroganat 73'minutes
- 9WrightSubstituted forAlabiat 63'minutes
- 14TaylorSubstituted forBarnes-Homerat 63'minutes
- Simon Bennett
- Shots on Target