Queen of the South 3-1 Alloa Athletic
Queen of the South pulled away from the relegation play-off zone with their first victory of 2014.
Queens hit the front through Michael Paton's deflected shot and doubled their lead as Gavin Reilly found the top corner with a brilliant volley.
Derek Lyle made the points safe on 55 minutes as he finished from close range at the end of a flowing Queens move.
Substitute Ross Caldwell gave Alloa hope when he turned home Ben Gordon's but the hosts held on.
Queen of Sth
- 4McKennaBooked at 13mins
- 8BurnsBooked at 39mins
- 9LyleSubstituted forMcGuffieat 83'minutesBooked at 84mins
- 11RussellSubstituted forCarmichaelat 69'minutes
- 8McCordSubstituted forCaldwellat 53'minutes
- 5MarrSubstituted forCreaneyat 83'minutes
- 10HolmesBooked at 68mins
- 6SimmonsSubstituted forFernsat 72'minutes
- 7CawleyBooked at 61mins
- Stephen Finnie
- Shots on Target