Colchester United 2-2 Bristol City
Colchester came from two goals down to earn a point against Bristol City.
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas set up on-loan striker Martin Paterson for City's opener and Scott Wagstaff forced in a Brendan Moloney cross to make it 2-0.
But the home side found a way back into the match when Gavin Massey turned in Marcus Bean's centre.
And Freddie Sears netted from 20 yards to ensure both sides remain in mid-table, five points above the relegation zone in League One.
Bristol City manager Steve Cotterill told BBC Radio Bristol:
"We were in a good position at 2-0 up and pretty much coasting. We made a couple of changes, and with one on a booking, we didn't want anyone getting sent off.
"We just kept getting deeper and deeper, they put four on us and I felt as though we needed a spare man, so I decided to do that.
"On another day they work and sometimes they don't. Today, our substitutions didn't work."
- 39SesaySubstituted forOlufemiat 77'minutes
- 7WattSubstituted forSearsat 51'minutes
- 25VoseSubstituted forBonneat 77'minutes
- 3WilliamsBooked at 68minsSubstituted forBurnsat 90'minutes
- 8ElliottBooked at 53minsSubstituted forPearsonat 58'minutes
- 34GillettBooked at 88mins
- 24PatersonSubstituted forCunninghamat 71'minutes
- Steven Rushton
- Shots on Target