Grimsby Town 2-1 Chester
Grimsby consolidated their Conference Premier play-off place with victory over relegation-threatened Chester.
Oumare Tounkara opened the scoring when he slotted the ball past Aaron Chapman.
Grimsby missed the chance to double their lead when Scott Nielson saw his penalty saved by Chapman, but substitute Andy Cook finally made it 2-0 with a close-range finish.
James Caton scored an injury-time consolation for the visitors from a tight angle.
Third-placed Grimsby now look set for a play-off place as they sit five points clear of sixth-placed Braintree.
Chester, however, are now just one point above the Conference Premier relegation zone.
Grimsby Town boss Hurst told BBC Radio Humberside:
"I think it was deserved. Second-half at 1-0 it starts to get a little bit nervy and then we make it 2-0 thanks to Andy Cook and then they get a fortunate goal but it still makes it a nervous last couple of minutes.
"It was a good atmosphere and it helps admittedly when we get an away following which is one of the few times that we do.
"I'm certainly not counting my chickens in terms of a play-off place."
- 23RodmanSubstituted forWinfarrahat 87'minutes
- 26McLaughlinBooked at 65mins
- 29JenningsSubstituted forThanojat 80'minutes
- 28TounkaraSubstituted forCookat 69'minutesBooked at 90mins
- 2KayBooked at 59mins
- 12TurnerSubstituted forCatonat 46'minutes
- 16BondSubstituted forSeddonat 65'minutes
- 8JarrettBooked at 77mins
- 7HobsonBooked at 47minsSubstituted forCarltonat 56'minutes
- Richard Wigglesworth
- Shots on Target