Argentina 2-0 Slovenia
Argentina's players posed behind a banner supporting their country's claims to the Falkland Islands before a World Cup warm-up in Buenos Aries.
The team displayed a message to support an on-going campaign to claim sovereignty of the islands, a British Overseas Territory.
Argentina then beat Slovenia 2-0 with goals from Ricardo Alvarez and substitute Lionel Messi.
They start their Group F campaign against Bosnia-Herzegovina on 15 June.
Coach Alex Sabella chose not to risk Messi, Manchester City's Sergio Aguero, Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain or Real Madrid's Angel Di Maria from the start of their final friendly before the finals in Brazil.
But Argentina still went ahead in the 11th minute when Inter Milan midfielder Alvarez scored with a powerful run and shot.
Sabella made changes in the second half and Di Maria and Aguero combined for Messi to add the second when converting Aguero's headed pass with a left-foot finish with 15 minutes to go.
"We have a great group and team," said Messi. "A World Cup is very tough and we will have to fight a lot for it.
"We arrive with the right age, with most of us playing in the best leagues of Europe for years. Winning it is our target, but it will be very hard."
Argentina also face Iran and Nigeria in their qualifying group.
- 14MascheranoBooked at 51minsSubstituted forMammanaat 77'minutes
- 13FernándezSubstituted forGagoat 58'minutesBooked at 80mins
- 6BigliaSubstituted forCampagnaroat 14'minutes
- 19ÁlvarezSubstituted forDi Maríaat 57'minutes
- 22LavezziSubstituted forMessiat 58'minutes
- 11RodríguezSubstituted forAgüeroat 58'minutes
- 7Di María
- 6IlicSubstituted forLazarevicat 45'minutes
- 5CesarSubstituted forBalazicat 88'minutes
- 18RotmanBooked at 27mins
- 20StevanovicBooked at 34minsSubstituted forMerteljat 82'minutes
- 19IlicicSubstituted forPecnikat 45'minutes
- 11NovakovicSubstituted forFirerat 88'minutes
- 17KirmBooked at 19minsSubstituted forSamardzicat 45'minutes
- Martín Vázquez
- Shots on Target