John Sheridan: Notts link 'hearsay', says Newport boss
Newport County boss John Sheridan has insisted he is only focused on the Exiles, amid speculation that he could become the next Notts County manager.
Notts parted company with Dutchman Ricardo Moniz on Tuesday and Sheridan was the bookmakers' odds-on favourite to replace him on Thursday 31 December.
"I'm just concentrating on Newport. I haven't heard anything about Notts County," said Sheridan.
The 51-year-old has been in charge at Rodney Parade since 2 October.
He has since led the Exiles from the bottom of League Two to 20th in the the table, with five wins, seven draws and five defeats from his 17 games in charge in all competitions so far.
|More from BBC Wales Sport|
|Jones contract talks continue|
|Wales centre Allen to start for Blues|
|Davies replaces Biggar for Ospreys|
"It's just speculation. It's just hearsay," added Sheridan as he replied to questions about being linked with a move to Notts County.
"It's not even on my mind, to tell you the truth. I've not even thought about it.
"I'm working hard to try and get the results we want and need to stay in this league.
"I'm 100% trying to get a result on Saturday and then we've got Dagenham and York."
Notts were relegated from League One to League Two in April are currently lie 15th in the fourth tier, seven points off the play-off places.