Luke Williams: Swindon Town will not rush into making signings

Luke Williams
Luke Williams' side finished 15th last season, 15 points below the play-off places

Swindon Town head coach Luke Williams says they are deliberately taking their time over new signings this summer.

The League One club have made three permanent signings so far since May, but strikers Nicky Ajose, Michael Smith and Miles Storey have all left.

A groin injury has sidelined defender Raphael Rossi Branco ahead of Saturday's opener at home to Coventry.

"I understand everyone who follows us is getting anxious, but we don't want to rush," Williams told BBC Wiltshire.

"Rushed business is bad business. Good business is considered, well-timed.

"We are in contact with players. The chairman has been incredibly shrewd in the transfer market over the last three seasons. He has shown he's very capable of striking at the right moment.

"But we understand the big show is about to start and we want to make sure we've got the right people in the building, at the right time, ready for that."

In July, Williams said his squad needed strengthening before the start of the new season.

Meanwhile, 17-year-old forward and academy graduate Jordan Young has signed his first professional contract, agreeing a three-year deal with Swindon.

Top Stories