Tuesday's National League reports

Aldershot 1-0 Maidstone Utd

Substitute Bernard Mensah grabbed a late winner to give Aldershot a 1-0 victory over Maidstone at the Recreation Ground.

The Shots assaulted the visitors' goal early on and Lee Worgan had to repel efforts from Shamir Fenelon and Matt McClure (twice) inside the first 10 minutes.

The stopper was in action again midway through the first half, saving twice in quick succession from Jake Gallagher and Iffy Allen.

After the interval, Alex Flisher missed a good chance for Maidstone, firing wide after being sent through by Dumebi Dumaka.

The match looked to be ebbing away to a draw until Mensah played a neat one-two with McClure and lashed in for the hosts.

Braintree 1-1 Eastleigh

Eastleigh's 1-1 draw at Braintree kept both clubs unbeaten in the fledgling National League table.

The visitors' Mikael Mandron and Joe Partington combined well early on, the former forcing a good save from Jamie Butler.

Butler had to be in fine form again to thwart the French forward from close range.

The Spitfires went in front in the second half, courtesy of James Constable, but Jamie Day's men roared back and Lee Barnard fired past Ross Flitney from 25 yards for the equaliser.

Late on, Ryan Cresswell had to clear off the line to preserve a point for Eastleigh.

Chester FC 3-0 Dagenham & Redbridge

Chester stunned Dagenham & Redbridge with a comprehensive 3-0 win home win the National League.

The unfancied Blues were galvanised from the outset, and took the lead after 12 minutes when Elliott Durrell netted with a stunning volley from 25 yards.

John Still's men were still reeling when Theo Vassell slid a superb ball through to Tom Shaw, and the midfielder bided his time before smashing past Elliot Justham.

Liam Roberts did his bit in the Chester goal, parrying a firm Oli Hawkins header.

After the break, an inspired Chester pushed on and Johnny Hunt whipped in a cross for James Alabi to head in and crown a fine night.

Dover 1-4 Boreham Wood

Boreham Wood registered a stunning upset, winning 4-1 at 2015-16 play-off semi-finalists Dover.

It looked positive for the Whites early on, as last season's 21-goal man Ricky Miller beat keeper Grant Smith from the penalty spot.

But Miller blotted his copybook by receiving his marching orders after the break for two yellow cards.

The Wood seized the initiative with the extra man, and Kenny Davis levelled with a penalty of his own. Bruno Andrade stabbed the visitors into the lead midway through the second half - but incredibly the best was yet to come for Luke Garrard's men.

Angelo Balanta added a third from close range, and Andrade smashed home a free-kick to complete a jamboree night for the Meadow Park club.

Forest Green 1-1 Sutton United

Matt Tubbs' first goal for Forest Green Rovers was not enough to clinch a first victory of the season after a 1-1 draw with Sutton.

The hosts could not have got off to a better start when Tubbs headed home a free-kick by Mohamed Chemlal after just seven minutes.

Forest Green pushed for a second with Chemlal looking the man most likely to add to the score.

But Sutton scored an equaliser when Nick Bailey struck from the spot after Drissa Traore brought down Bedsente Gomis in the area.

Guiseley 2-3 Wrexham

Paul Rutherford scored a spectacular goal in second-half added time to earn Wrexham's first win of the season in the National League.

Guiseley looked to have secured a draw when Jake Lawler scored in the 84th minute.

But Rutherford's driving run and right-foot finish dashed their hopes.

Earlier Wrexham had responded to Michael Rankine's 11th-minute free-kick with a penalty by John Rooney and sub Gerry McDonagh's headed goal.

Lincoln City 6-1 North Ferriby Utd

Matt Rhead's second brace in as many games inspired Lincoln to a 6-1 victory at home to North Ferriby in the National League.

It did not take long for him to break the deadlock, meeting Sam Habergham's cross with an excellent header after just two minutes.

A 25-yard strike from Nathan Arnold made it two just three minutes later, Arnold meeting a sublime cross-field pass from Lee Beevers.

Arnold then turned provider for Luke Waterfall who headed his corner in on 16 minutes, before Ben Middleton saw red for conceding a penalty and Rhead got his second from the spot on 24 minutes.

Curtis Bateson pulled one back five minutes later from United's first attack, but after the break Johnny Margetts and Bradley Wood completed the rout by the 66th minute - the latter with an excellent solo effort.

Solihull Moors 2-2 Woking

Two goals in seven second-half minutes secured Solihull Moors a 2-2 draw with Woking in the National League.

It was the hosts who started the better, but Woking took the lead just after half an hour when Nathan Ralph, unmarked in the box, headed home a cross from the right.

Woking's second arrived when Zak Ansah's cross went all the way in just four minutes after half-time.

Substitute Harry White was at the heart of things for Solihull, first pulling a goal back in the 72nd minute, and then seeing his shot poked home by Jordan Fagbola after a rebound seven minutes later.

Southport 0-3 Gateshead

Gateshead made it two 3-0 wins from two matches in the National League this season, beating Southport at Haig Avenue.

The Tynesiders followed up Saturday's 3-0 win over Chester to leave Southport, who were beaten 3-0 by Dagenham & Redbridge at the weekend, still looking for their first point and goal of the campaign.

The Sandgrounders' best effort came when forward Louis Almond hit the post early on with a deflected effort but, on the stroke of half-time, Danny Johnson broke the deadlock, bearing down on goal before finding the corner.

With four minutes of normal time to go Wes York, who scored twice on Saturday, did well to find an empty net after Ryan Bowman forced goalkeeper Tyrell Belford into a hurried clearance.

Substitute Mitch Brundle lashed home in the last minute to complete the scoring.

Torquay Utd 1-0 Bromley

Ben Gerring's first Torquay United goal was enough to give the Gulls all three points at home to Bromley.

The centre back powered home a header from Aman Verma's corner shortly before half-time to seal Torquay's first win of the season.

Adam Cunnington's header just before Gerring's goal was Bromley's best chance, as the Gulls deservedly won.

Brett Williams hit the bar on his home debut while Dan Sparkes and Nathan Blissett went close after the break.

Tranmere 2-0 Barrow

Andy Cook marked his home debut with a goal against his former club as Tranmere secured a 2-0 win over Barrow in the National League.

Cook scored 24 league goals for the Cumbrians last season before moving to Prenton Park over the summer and he wasted little time opening his account for Rovers when he headed in a Steven Jennings corner in the 40th minute.

Tranmere could have taken the lead midway through the first half when Jay Harris did well to tee up James Norwood but the striker scuffed his volley.

Rovers sealed the points in the 86th minute when Norwood was brought down in the box by goalkeeper Joel Dixon and he stepped up to smash in the resulting penalty.

York City 1-0 Macclesfield

York marked their first home game back in the National League with a 1-0 victory over Macclesfield thanks to Matt Fry's second-half winner.

York had a header cleared off the line in the early stages but goalkeeper Scott Flinders needed to produce a smart save to deny Macclesfield's Danny Rowe from 20 yards.

The deadlock was broken in the 57th minute in fortunate circumstances as an attempted clearance struck Fry and rebounded into the net.

Macclesfield had several chances to equalise but John McCombe poked wide from close range and Jack Mackreth was denied by Flinders at his near post late on.

Reports supplied by the Press Association.

Top Stories