Saido Berahino: West Brom striker could remain at Hawthorns this season
West Brom's England U21 striker Saido Berahino could remain at the club for the rest of the season.
Baggies boss Tony Pulis says the 23-year-old will only leave if there is an "unbelievable offer" and Berahino is wary of going with the season started.
Stoke and Crystal Palace made bids for Berahino, whose contract expires next summer and who has turned down an extension to the deal.
"Nobody is more keen for Saido to stay than me," said Pulis.
The chances of Berahino moving to Palace have receded after the Selhurst Park club agreed a £27m deal to sign Liverpool's Christian Benteke.
Stoke's offer remains open, with manager Mark Hughes saying on Friday morning that "nothing had moved forward".
Berahino has concluded that a change of club would be better for his career but is weighing up whether he would be better served remaining where he is this season before moving on.
In 12 months' time, West Brom would still be entitled to compensation for the player, who joined them when he was 11, although the sum would be vastly reduced if he opted to move outside England.
Earlier this month, West Brom agreed a takeover with a Chinese investment company headed by businessman Guochuan Lai.
Never want to miss the latest West Brom news? You can now add the Baggies and all the other sports and teams you follow to your personalised My Sport home.