EFL Trophy: AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Swansea City U23
AFC Wimbledon beat Swansea City Under-23 to claim a Premier League scalp on the opening night of the restructured EFL Trophy.
The League One hosts, who had voted against the competition's new format, led through Andy Barcham's low finish.
Dom Poleon struck twice from close range in the second half to seal a convincing win.
Swansea included overage players such as Franck Tabanou and Marvin Emnes, but failed to trouble their opponents.
- 8ReevesBooked at 46minsSubstituted forBulmanat 65'minutes
- 17BarchamSubstituted forFitzpatrickat 65'minutes
Swansea City U21
- 63BlairSubstituted forHollandat 65'minutes
- 43BraySubstituted forGarrickat 87'minutes
- 56FultonBooked at 44mins
- 39JonesSubstituted forByersat 65'minutes
- Simon Hooper
- Shots on Target