Saturday's National League reports

Dagenham & Redbridge 3-0 Wrexham

Oliver Hawkins scored a first-half hat-trick as Dagenham & Redbridge swept aside Wrexham in the National League.

The striker, who missed the 3-1 win at Woking last weekend because of a back injury, tapped in to open his account.

Poor defending allowed the 24-year-old to head a corner home midway through the half, before converting a penalty in added time after Hamza Bencherif had fouled Luke Guttridge.

Dagenham & Redbridge have now won four in a row in the National League.

Aldershot Town 2-0 North Ferriby United

Aldershot continued their 100 per cent home record this season with a comfortable defeat of North Ferriby.

Shots went ahead on 15 minutes with a superbly worked goal. Cheye Alexander crossed deep for Bernard Mensah, who looped a header into the far corner.

A powerful close-range header from Liam Bellamy, on his comeback from a foot injury, doubled the lead in the 26th minute.

Matt McLure almost made it three before the break, but after bursting through his chip was cleared off the line by Ben Middleton's header.

Rory Watson kept the Villagers in the game early in the second period, the keeper smothering Scott Rendell's effort, before both sides went close just after the hour and the visitors threatened late on.

Barrow 2-1 Braintree Town

Barrow maintained their 100 per cent home record as Byron Harrison's late strike earned a come-from-behind win over visiting Braintree.

There were few early chances until Braintree took a 21st-minute lead from the penalty spot, with Chez Isaac sending Joel Dixon the wrong way. With the break approaching Andy Parry went close for Barrow with a shot from mid-range but soon after they were level when Richie Bennett headed home.

Early in the second half Jordan Williams forced a good save from Braintree keeper Jamie Butler and with 20 minutes to go Danny Livesey almost put Barrow ahead with a fantastic header that was superbly kept out by Butler.

But in the 87th minute Harrison smashed home after Alex-Ray Harvey's shot came back off the post.

Chester FC 4-0 Sutton United

Sutton's sequence of three straight wins ended as Chester halted a run of three games without a victory, in a game played in heavy rain.

Chester almost led in the second minute, Tom Shaw hitting a post from 12 yards and heading the rebound over. The Blues were ahead a minute later when Blaine Hudson headed a cross from a free-kick inside the far post.

On seven minutes the advantage was doubled when Kane Richards dribbled from inside his own half, and from his saved shot Ryan Lloyd volleyed home.

Chester 'keeper Jon Wornsop and opposite number Ross Worner made excellent second-half saves, while home defender Theo Vassell was carried off after a long delay in play. Kane Richards was then fouled in the box and Tom Shaw converted an 85th-minute penalty before Richards lashed home.

Eastleigh 2-0 Solihull Moors

Ronnie Moore celebrated his first home game as Eastleigh manager in style with a win at home to Solihull Moors.

Neither side was able to take the initiative before the break. Omari Sterling-James ventured forward and drilled against the base of a post for the Moors and that was the closest either side came.

Ryan Cresswell broke the deadlock early in the second half when he advanced to head in an inswinging corner.

Another defender, Reda Johnson, soon made it two as he connected with a long Michael Green throw and dispatched past Nathan Vaughan.

The comfortable win saw Moore end his new club's four-match losing streak, and they fully deserved their clean sheet.

Gateshead 1-1 Boreham Wood

Both Gateshead and Boreham Wood continued their progress in the top half of the National League after a draw in the north east.

The visitors hit the front early when Angelo Balanta seized upon a misplaced pass and beat goalkeeper Sam Johnson with the aid of a deflection.

Gateshead rallied quickly and equalised within a couple of minutes. Toby Ajala swung in a corner and Ryan Bowman headed home.

Neil Aspin's hosts had much the better of a goalless second period. Danny Johnson hit a free-kick that Grant Smith saved, and also planted an effort just wide.

Wes York almost enhanced his fine start to the season with a swift turn and strike at goal, but Smith was again in form.

Guiseley 1-4 Bromley

Guiseley responded to the departure of manager Mark Bower with another drab showing as they lost heavily at home to Bromley.

After a goalless first half, the floodgates opened as Blair Turgott foraged forward for the Ravens and smashed an unstoppable shot past Daniel Atkinson in the 51st minute.

Three minutes later, Louis Dennis doubled the lead from the penalty spot after a foul by the goalkeeper.

Max Porter struck in left footed to put affairs beyond a forlorn Guiseley in the 71st minute, although Adam Smith did restore some cheer for the Lions with a late, deflected volley.

Substitute Bradley Goldberg, however, completed the rout for the away side, curling in after a fine solo run.

Macclesfield Town 1-2 Lincoln City

Lincoln moved up to fourth in the fledgling National League table with an excellent win at Macclesfield.

However it was the Silkmen who harried their opponents from the get-go. David Fitzpatrick and Kingsley James both tested goalkeeper Paul Farman.

James found the breakthrough for John Askey's men on the stroke of half-time. Danny Rowe set up Chris Holroyd to hit a post, and the midfielder was first to the rebound.

The Imps turned it all around in the second half. Harry Anderson got on the end of a swift counter-attack and beat Richie Branagan with a low drive on the hour.

And substitute Adam Marriott then showed Lincoln's goalscoring depth by converting a Luke Waterfall knock down to complete the comeback.

Maidstone United 1-4 Forest Green Rovers

Forest Green secured a fourth successive National League win with a thumping victory at Maidstone.

Rhys Murphy's second-half double confirmed victory after Christian Doidge's strike in first-half injury-time had fired the visitors ahead.

Darren Carter sent Rovers ahead after five minutes when he ran onto a through ball and picked his spot, but the lead was short-lived as Jack Evans curled in a 20-yard free-kick.

Rovers went into the break ahead when Doidge turned in Ben Jefford's cross before Murphy took over, first with a stunning solo effort, before he was left unmarked moments later to confirm Maidstone's first defeat on their plastic pitch this season.

Southport 1-1 Tranmere Rovers

Southport ended Tranmere's perfect start to the National League season as Louis Almond's second-half goal secured a draw.

Rovers appeared on course for a sixth successive win when Andy Cook fired them ahead two minutes after half-time.

Southport's equaliser came 15 minutes later when Almond's cross snuck in at the far post and they held on, despite coming into the game with the leakiest defence in the league, to deny their high-flying derby rivals.

Tranmere's point was still enough to keep them top of the table, a point ahead of Dagenham.

Torquay United 2-1 Dover Athletic

Dan Sparkes netted the winner as Torquay ended a three-match winless run with victory over Dover.

Torquay opened the scoring in the 46th minute when Exeter loanee Jamie Reid found the bottom corner.

Dover equalised 15 minutes from time as substitute Ricky Miller's deflected free-kick found its way into the net.

But Sparkes gave Torquay the win a minute later, converting from Nathan Blissett's knockdown.

York City 4-1 Woking

York ended a run of two consecutive defeats with a thumping victory over struggling Woking at Bootham Crescent.

The visitors advanced into a surprise lead after just eight minutes, with Gozie Ugwu firing low and hard past Kyle Letheren.

But York responded with goals from Richard Brodie, Yan Klukowski, Jake Wright and Aidan Connolly in the space of 17 first-half minutes.

Brodie equalised a minute after Woking's opener from the edge of the area, his third goal of the season, Klukowski fired in from 30 yards before Wright and Connolly both netted with simple finishes.

Reports supplied by the Press Association.

Top Stories