Saturday's League Two reports

Carlisle 2-2 Leyton Orient

A Danny Grainger penalty four minutes from time enabled Carlisle to salvage a draw against Leyton Orient and preserve the Cumbrians' record as the last unbeaten team in League Two.

Orient twice led through goals from Paul McCallum and Harry Cornick with substitute Charlie Wyke scoring Carlisle's first just after the break.

Carlisle just had the edge in first-half possession, without seriously troubling Alex Cisak, although the goalkeeper was comprehensively beaten in the 30th minute when a Nicky Adams curler from the edge of the box bounced clear off the right-hand post.

Gavin Massey was posing problems for Carlisle down the right, but when he set up a chance for Liam Kelly the shot did not match the winger's creativity.

However, Orient were not to be denied and took the lead a minute before the break when Jordan Bowery played a neat ball through to McCallum who coolly slid a shot low past Mark Gillespie from 12 yards for his fifth goal of the season.

Within a minute of the restart Carlisle's half-time changes, which saw Wyke and Reggie Lambe on for Mark Ellis and Jamie Devitt, paid dividends when Sean Miller squeezed a cross over from the right and Wyke forced the ball home from six yards.

Orient regained the lead in the 64th minute when Cornick, the on-loan Bournemouth forward, twisted and turned inside the area to work himself a shooting chance before drilling a low right-foot drive into the bottom corner.

The visitors looked set for the victory until Kelly was penalised for handling Lambe's cross in the area and Grainger thumped home the resulting 86th-minute penalty.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Colchester 3-2 Blackpool

Chris Porter scored twice as Colchester United recovered to beat Blackpool.

Blackpool took a 13th-minute lead when Armand Gnanduillet latched onto Kyle Vassell's precise pass and brushed off Tom Eastman in the area before firing home.

But Colchester equalised nine minutes before the break through Sammie Szmodics, who showed great composure before finding the net from close range from Richard Brindley's pass.

Colchester winger Drey Wright went close early in the second half and Blackpool keeper Sam Slocombe thwarted Kurtis Guthrie's far-post header.

But the hosts went ahead 11 minutes after the break when Porter flicked home from two yards after substitute Tarique Fosu had helped on Brennan Dickenson's corner at the near post.

Potts was denied by Colchester keeper Sam Walker while Slocombe foiled Fosu, before Porter made it 3-1 with eight minutes remaining when he collected Fosu's pass and showed fine footwork before slotting home.

Blackpool midfielder Brad Potts netted with a low free-kick from nearly 25 yards with a minute remaining, but Colchester held on.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Crewe 2-0 Exeter

Goals from Alex Kiwomya and Danny Hollands earned Crewe Alexandra a hard-fought win over Exeter City in League Two.

Chelsea loanee Kiwomya's first-half strike put the Railwaymen in front with the fourth goal of his loan spell at Gresty Road.

Kiwomya punished Exeter's high line when he ran clear onto George Cooper's high ball over the top and fired into the bottom corner.

Chris Dagnall should have doubled Crewe's lead after latching onto Jack Stacey's mistake, rounding Olejnik only to drag his shot past the post from a tight angle.

After the break Stacey clipped the crossbar with a chip and Jake Taylor's deflected shot fizzed wide as the Grecians threatened to level.

Dagnall's luck was out again when his angled drive crashed onto the post as City were put under the cosh after half-time.

Olejnik tipped over Jon Guthrie's header, but was beaten by midfielder Hollands who got in behind to shoot under Bobby Olejnik with three minutes left.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Luton 1-2 Grimsby

A fine double from Omar Bogle saw Grimsby end Luton's unbeaten record at Kenilworth Road.

Luton substitute Glen Rea had cancelled out Bogle's first-half opener on the hour-mark, but Grimsby's in-form striker won the game on 82 minutes.

The visitors had the best early chance with Bogle dragging an effort wide, before Luke Summerfield's fierce drive drew a fine block from defender Alan Sheehan.

Home goalkeeper Christian Walton made a splendid save on 20 minutes, tipping over Dominic Vose's 20-yard deflected drive.

They took the lead on 29 minutes when Bogle netted his sixth of the season, finishing with ease after Summerfield's shot rebounded into his path.

Bogle looped another header over the top, while in the second period, Walton had to make an excellent low save from the striker's angled drive.

The Hatters finally had their first shot on target with 50 minutes gone, Jack Marriott's half-volley well saved by James McKeown.

The Grimsby goalkeeper then denied Mariott twice in quick succession with fine stops, before he was beaten on 59 minutes when Rea arrowed a shot into the bottom corner from 25 yards.

The Mariners won it with seven minute to go as Kayden Jackson's pinpoint cross was headed in by Bogle.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Mansfield 0-1 Barnet

John Akinde's second-half goal secured Barnet victory at Mansfield.

Akinde broke the deadlock on 57 minutes with the Bees' first shot on target after the visitors broke quickly from a loose Mitch Rose pass.

Luke Gambin sent Akinde down the left and he ghosted past Krystian Pearce before lifting a cool finish over Scott Shearer.

Mansfield had the best of a first half short on real chances in which home goalkeeper Shearer did not have a save to make.

At the other end Josh Vickers got his body in the way of a Matt Green effort and he safely grabbed a tame header from the same player on 36 minutes.

Two minutes later Vickers got down to his right to turn away a low Mal Benning shot from 18 yards.

From the corner Green sent a downward header goalwards that looked to be creeping inside the post until Elliot Johnson headed off the line.

The Stags laboured after Akinde's goal, though Vickers did make a fine save late on to keep out a Darius Henderson header from Kevan Hurst's cross.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Morecambe 1-5 Doncaster

James Coppinger marked his 500th game for Doncaster with a starring role in a resounding victory over Morecambe.

Rovers' record appearance holder capped a memorable afternoon with a stunning late goal as Morecambe suffered a second successive home defeat.

Doncaster had the best possible start with a goal after just four minutes when Coppinger sent over a right-wing corner that was headed on by Harry Middleton and Andy Butler reacted sharply to volley home from six yards.

The visitors maintained the pressure with Andy Williams seeing two shots blocked before the striker helped set up the visitors for a second.

Williams found space in the Morecambe box and fired in a shot that Ryan Edwards blocked, but he could only divert the ball into the path of John Marquis who converted from eight yards.

Morecambe's Kevin Ellison saw a shot deflected over the after cutting in from the left before the Shrimps pulled a goal back on the stroke of half-time with a fine goal from Cole Stockton.

The on-loan Tranmere striker was teed up by Alex Kenyon on the edge of the box and he produced a superb turn and volley to beat Marko Marosi low to his left.

Doncaster's Butler was denied his second of the game by a goalline clearance on 54 minutes but the visitors were not to be denied for long.

Coppinger provided the spark on 66 minutes when he got the better of James Jennings down the right and, after his shot hit the post, the ball fell to Marquis who in his second goal.

Matty Blair's right-foot strike make it 4-1, and Coppinger had the final word with a stunning 25-yard drive to beat Barry Roche low to his right to complete his special day, before Morecambe's Alex Whitmore was sent off on 84 minutes for a foul on Marquis.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Newport 2-2 Cheltenham

Jon Parkin struck back twice to level for Newport County as they and Cheltenham battled to a draw.

Asa Hall hammered in the opener from outside the box amid some sloppy home defending.

Parkin equalised from close range, only for Daniel Wright to put the visitors back ahead from the penalty spot after Paul Bignot brought down Harry Pell.

But Parkin struck again soon after, again from close range, to complete the scoring before the break.

Notts County 0-2 Accrington

Notts County's four-game unbeaten run came to an end as Accrington Stanley secured a deserved victory at Meadow Lane.

Goals from John O'Sullivan and substitute Romuald Boco halted the Magpies' unbeaten run, which included one Checkatrade Trophy success.

The hosts had yet to score first in a League Two game this season and continued that run as they fell behind in the 17th minute to O'Sullivan's deflected strike.

Jonathan Forte did his best to level, but his shot towards the near post brought a fine save from visiting goalkeeper Aaron Chapman.

Notts were out of sorts, but having come from behind to snatch results in their last three league games, they came out with purpose and a much quicker tempo at the start of the second half, with Louis Laing volleying straight at Chapman from a Michael O'Connor free-kick.

But an inspired substitution from Accrington boss John Coleman helped his side deservedly extend their lead when Boco fired an effort past Adam Collin.

With Notts fans restless, John Sheridan's side did their best to launch a comeback but they were indebted to Collin for keeping the score down with an excellent save from Billy Kee.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Plymouth 2-1 Cambridge

Plymouth Argyle edged out bottom-of-the-table Cambridge United to go top of League Two thanks to a fifth consecutive win.

Graham Carey put Derek Adams' men on the road to victory, firing into the roof of the net from 12 yards after nine minutes following Ben Purrington's incisive run and perfect cutback from the by-line.

Plymouth surged further ahead on the hour when on-loan Reading winger Craig Tanner's cross from the right was tapped in at the far post by Jordan Slew - one of five changes to Adams' starting line-up.

Medy Elito cut into the box on the right and smashed a low shot past Luke McCormick to make it 2-1 after 79 minutes, but the hosts held on.

McCormick had done well to deny substitute Adam McGurk just after half-time and pulled off a spectacular save to tip over Joe Piggott's goal-bound header in the 49th minute.

First-half sub McGurk came within inches of scoring in the 42nd minute but powered his header just wide, while U's skipper Luke Berry's 25-yard free-kick was tipped onto the crossbar and over by McCormick.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Portsmouth 4-2 Wycombe

Portsmouth came from behind against Wycombe at Fratton Park to earn a fourth league victory in a row.

Wycombe went ahead when Paul Hayes found the back of the net from close range after 10 minutes.

The home side hit back when defender Christian Burgess bundled the ball over the line before Gary Roberts put Pompey ahead from the penalty spot after Sido Jombati blocked Gareth Evans' header with his hand.

Hayes fired in his second goal with an impressive finish to equalise in first-half stoppage time.

But Conor Chaplin immediately restored Portsmouth's lead, lifting the ball over Anthony Stewart in the area and heading past the onrushing Jamal Blackman.

Carl Baker got on the end of an Enda Stevens cross to volley in Pompey's fourth to seal victory.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Stevenage 2-1 Crawley

Stevenage secured back-to-back wins as Tyler Walker's third goal in two games helped them to victory against Crawley at the Lamex Stadium.

The 19-year-old, on-loan from Nottingham Forest, followed up his brace against Hartlepool by grabbing the opener with Jack King doubling the advantage, before James Collins' late consolation.

Crawley made a bright start, Collins firing wide from the edge of the box just three minutes in.

The hosts responded well, with Matt Godden denied by the assistant's flag after sweeping his effort beyond goalkeeper Mitchell Beeney.

Boro deservedly went ahead before the break when Walker escaped the clutches of the defence before arrowing a shot across Beeney.

King pounced to double the lead 10 minutes into the second half. Godden raced clear before cutting the ball back to the midfielder, who coolly slotted home.

Collins capitalised on hesitant defending to pull one back for Crawley with five minutes remaining but the home side held on.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Yeovil 1-2 Hartlepool

Nathan Thomas scored a dramatic stoppage-time winner as Hartlepool came from behind to beat Yeovil.

Thomas struck an unstoppable 25-yard curling effort past goalkeeper Artur Krysiak having earlier drawn the visitors level after Matt Butcher had given the Glovers the lead.

Yeovil were booed off at full time following a fifth straight league defeat that leaves them in the League Two relegation zone.

Having dominated possession, Yeovil took a deserved lead after 56 minutes when Butcher found time and space in the box to turn and shoot past Trevor Carson from Matt Dolan's corner.

Pools responded and equalised 11 minutes later when Carson launched a long kick upfield that somehow evaded the Glovers defence and left Thomas through on goal and with an easy finish.

The game looked as though it was petering out into a draw entering time added on, but Thomas had the final say as he decided the match with a superb strike.

Report supplied by the Press Association.

Top Stories