Sportfreunde Lotte v Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Bundesliga side Bayer Leverkusen suffered a shock German Cup second-round defeat on penalties to 10-man SF Lotte of the third tier.
Kevin Volland opened the scoring for the visitors before Roberto Hilbert's own goal levelled the scores.
Tim Wendel was sent off for a second yellow card before Volland added a second in extra time, but Kevin Freiberger took the tie to penalties.
Lotte, who beat Werder Bremen in the first round, won the shootout 4-3.
Leverkusen boss Roger Schmidt was banned for the game after abusing Hoffenheim coach Julian Nagelsmann in the previous match.
- 23LanglitzBooked at 32mins
- 20Pires-RodriguesBooked at 28minsSubstituted forHeyerat 84'minutes
- 6GorschlüterSubstituted forWendelat 54'minutesBooked at 78mins
- 10RosingerBooked at 83minsSubstituted forTankulicat 111'minutes
- 6DragovicBooked at 28mins
- 18WendellBooked at 116mins
- 27KruseSubstituted forMehmediat 74'minutes
- 31VollandBooked at 71mins
- 7HernándezBooked at 32minsSubstituted forAránguizat 90+1'minutesBooked at 96mins
- 11KießlingSubstituted forHavertzat 101'minutes
- 23da Costa
- Wolfgang Stark
- Shots on Target