Lionel Messi: Argentina forward leads media boycott over Lavezzi marijuana claims
Lionel Messi has led the Argentina squad in a media boycott following "grave" press reports about the team and their recent form.
The 29-year-old announced the ban after scoring in the side's 3-0 World Cup qualifier victory over Colombia.
A radio report alleged that forward Ezequiel Lavezzi smoked marijuana after a training session, which he denies.
"We've received many accusations, a lot of lack of respect and we never said anything," Messi said.
Messi and the 25-man squad walked out of the news conference following the Colombia game.
It was also announced that Lavezzi is taking the radio reporter to court over the accusations.
"We know there are lots of you who are not in the game of not showing us respect, but getting into one's personal life is very grave," Messi added.
Argentina were criticised following their 3-0 defeat by Brazil on Friday but their win over Colombia moved them up to fifth place and back into qualifying contention.
The top four in the South America group move straight into the finals, while fifth place qualifies for an intercontinental play-off.
Elsewhere in the group, Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez scored twice as Chile beat Uruguay 3-1 to stay third.
Chile had been warned by Arsene Wenger that it would be "suicidal" to play Sanchez unless he was fully fit after he injured a muscle in training.
However Sanchez played 85 minutes and looks set to be fit for Arsenal's Premier League match against Manchester United on Saturday (12:30 GMT).
Subscribe to the BBC Sport newsletter to get our pick of news, features and video sent to your inbox.