Football transfer gossip: Wenger, Conte, Walker, Mendy, Ranieri, Keita

Gossip logo

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will sign a new two-year contract regardless of the result of Saturday's FA Cup final. (Mirror)

Chelsea counterpart Antonio Conte, meanwhile, is set for a new £40m contract at Stamford Bridge plus a large transfer fund to add to his Premier League-winning squad. (Mirror)

Daily Mirror
Saturday's Daily Mirror back page

Manchester City will continue their summer spending spree with moves for England and Tottenham full-back Kyle Walker, 26, and Monaco and France defender Benjamin Mendy, 22. (Independent)

Former Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri is being approached to replace Garry Monk at Leeds. (Daily Star)

Monk and another ex-Leicester boss, Nigel Pearson, are both interested in taking over at Middlesbrough, with the club keen to speak to both of them. (Evening Gazette)

Tony Pulis has been told by West Brom owner Guochuan Lai he will have a club-record budget for new signings this summer. (Birmingham Mail)

Marco Silva, who resigned as Hull boss this week, is in advanced talks to replace Walter Mazzarri at Watford. (Daily Telegraph)

Porto, who had been linked with a move for Silva, are no longer interested in hiring the 39-year-old. (Jornal de Noticias - in Portuguese)

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has upset his old club Barcelona by targeting three of the Spanish club's academy players. (Sun)

Manchester United could move for Paris St-Germain's Brazil winger Lucas Moura, 24, a player Sir Alex Ferguson tried to sign for the club in 2012. (Sport Witness)

United's bid to sign France striker Antoine Griezmann, 26, this summer has suffered a setback after the Atletico Madrid forward said he had unfinished business at the Spanish club. (Daily Mail)

Bournemouth are not interested in signing veteran defender John Terry, 36, following his departure from Chelsea, but would like another defender from Stamford Bridge, 22-year-old Dutchman Nathan Ake. (Daily Express)

Everton are not expected to take up the option to sign Enner Valencia permanently, having brought in the 27-year-old Ecuador winger on a season-long loan from West Ham in August. (Liverpool Echo)

Chelsea and Brazil midfielder Willian, 28, says he is not interested in a move to the lucrative Chinese Super League and wants to become a British citizen. (Daily Star)

Burnley chairman Mike Garlick has hailed Sean Dyche's five years at Turf Moor and describes him as one of the best managers in the club's history. (Lancashire Evening Telegraph)

Watford midfielder Dion Pereira, 18, is wanted by West Ham and Newcastle.(London Evening Standard)

Brazil and Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho, 24, would be "an ideal player" for Barcelona, says national manager Tite. (Sport, via Independent)

Queens Park Rangers are yet to respond after receiving a second bid from Everton for 17-year-old midfielder Josh Bowler. (GetWestLondon)

Newcastle and Scotland defender Grant Hanley is wanted by a host of Championship clubs - with Derby leading the chase for the 25-year-old. (Newcastle Chronicle)

Daily Telegraph
Saturday's Daily Telegraph Sport front page

Best of social media

This content will not work on your device, please check Javascript and cookies are enabled or update your browser

And finally

Juventus forward Pablo Dybala is improving his weaker right foot - by writing with it. The 23-year-old Argentina international puts a pen "between my big toe and the little one" and scribbles away. (Football Italia, via Il Venerdi di Repubblica)

Top Stories