Yeovil Town 0-2 Lincoln City
Lincoln City moved into the League Two play-off places with a confident victory against relegation-threatened Yeovil Town.
The visitors started the game at a high tempo, but the first genuine chance fell to Yeovil as Bevis Mugabi lost his man at a free-kick before heading over.
In a combative and physical match, the Imps then went even closer when Sean Raggett's header was tipped onto the bar by Artur Krysiak in a goalless first half.
After Olufela Olomola was denied one-on-one soon after the break, Matt Green then went straight up the other end and gave Lincoln the lead, capitalising on poor defending on the counter to slot the ball home.
As the hosts' heads dropped, the away side continued to push forward, and Matt Rhead made it 2-0 as he nodded in a Neal Eardley cross to leave Danny Cowley's men in control.
Match report supplied by the Press Association
- 16BaileySubstituted forSmithat 72'minutes
- 20GobernSubstituted forSantosat 6'minutes
- 24OlomolaSubstituted forSurridgeat 63'minutes
- 5WaterfallBooked at 35mins
- 32StewartSubstituted forArnoldat 80'minutes
- 10GreenSubstituted forPalmerat 78'minutes
- 9RheadSubstituted forWhitehouseat 75'minutes
- Lee Collins
- Shots on Target