Newport County hit with partial ground closure due to thrown objects
Newport County will be forced to close part of their ground for two League Two home matches over the Christmas period due to fans throwing objects.
Part of the Hazell Terrace behind the managerial dug-outs at Newport's Rodney Parade home will be closed for the matches with Lincoln on Saturday, 23 December and Exeter on New Year's Day.
Objects were thrown onto the technical areas during their 3-3 draw with Carlisle earlier this month.
The FA will investigate the matter.
Newport say such behaviour "will not be tolerated" but admit this follows a similar incident in a match against Blackpool last season.
Newport County boss Mike Flynn says he aims to make additions to his squad during the January transfer window.
The Exiles are ninth in League Two, just a point outside the play-offs.
Newport are on a four-match unbeaten run - including winning through to the FA Cup third round where they face Leeds United - and Flynn is keen to add to their momentum with new players.
"I've got loads of irons in the fire - loads," said Flynn. "I'm hoping there's up to four coming in and we'll see."
However, Flynn is mindful he has to balance the books at Rodney Parade and warns that January will also see some players depart.
"The calls I've made, it's been brilliant, but... I've got a list of players I want and there's going to have to be a few who go out," he said.
"The budget is where it is and we'll never try to put the club in financial jeopardy."
Newport host Lincoln City - two points and three places above them - on Saturday, 23 December, then go to another promotion rival, Wycombe Wanderers, on Boxing Day, before a trip to Cheltenham on Saturday, 30 December and the New Year's Day visit of Exeter.