F1 Gossip: Hamilton, Vettel, Massa, Sainz, Formula E

Sunday, 19 November

Lewis Hamilton was crowned world champion after victory in the Mexican Grand Prix last month
Lewis Hamilton sealed the world championship in Mexico with two races remaining of the season

World champion Lewis Hamilton warned Sebastian Vettel not to "disrespect" him again after being hit by the Ferrari driver under the safety car during June's Azerbaijan Grand Prix. (Motosport.com)

Felipe Massa could become a Formula E driver "sooner rather than later" with the Brazilian about to retire from Formula 1, according to series founder and CEO Alejandro Agag. (e-racing365.com)

Red Bull driver Max Verstappen does not want the season to end, given his recent success on the track. (Crash.net)

Spanish driver Carlos Sainz says he is "starting to feel at home" with Renault having joined the team last month. (PlanetF1.com)

Saturday, 18 November

Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton
Nico Rosberg (left) narrowly beat Lewis Hamilton to the 2016 title before retiring

World champion Lewis Hamilton says mental strength was the key to beating Ferrari rival Sebastian Vettel to the title this year and that he learned nothing from ex-Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg last season. (CNN)

Hamilton made 10 overtakes on his way from the back of the grid to a fourth-place finish at the Brazilian Grand Prix - but says none were "particularly special" and that he is "not a big fan of DRS". (ESPN)

Former Williams driver Juan Pablo Montoya says Robert Kubica's potential return to F1 with the team after he suffered life-changing injuries in a rally accident in 2011 is "a joke", although the outfit's co-founder Patrick Head has a different opinion. (F1i.com)

Pirelli is developing a new wet tyre which it hopes the FIA will allow it to introduce during the season if it is good enough. (Autosport)

Friday, 17 November

Esteban Ocon says Force India would surprise their Formula 1 rivals should a budget cap be introduced to the sport. (NBC Sports)

Esteban Ocon abandons the Brazilian Grand Prix
Esteban Ocon abandons the Brazilian Grand Prix

McLaren reserve Lando Norris says he basically "went to Brazil for a bath" after the scheduled tyre test at Interlagos was cancelled. "I had just got to the hotel in Brazil and was having a nice bath," said Norris. "Then I got the call that it got cancelled." (Motorsport)

Australian Grand Prix bosses have decided against a bold plan to change the current Albert Park layout to help create another overtaking spot. (Autosport)

Plans to bring F1 racing back to the Zandvoort race track for the first time since 1985 contain "too many uncertainties", says Dutch sports minister Bruno Bruins. (DutchNews)

Thursday, 16 November

George Russell
The 19-year-old made his Formula 1 Grand Prix race weekend debut at last weekend's Brazil Grand Prix.

World champion Lewis Hamilton says he would like to drive in Nascar at some point in his career. (Daily Express)

Force India is set to confirm 19-year-old GP3 champion George Russell as their test and reserve driver for 2018 before the end of the year. (F1i)

McLaren's racing director believes stockpiling Honda F1 engines paid off for Fernando Alonso in Brazil. (Autosport)

Former Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo warned the Scuderia not to get carried away by victory in Brazil at the weekend, claiming Lewis Hamilton would have won if he started from pole. (F1i)

A museum in London has opened an exhibition to mark the 70th anniversary of Ferrari, exploring its history and creative development. (Art Daily)

Nico Rosberg says he would like to rekindle a friendship with former Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton. (F1i)

McLaren were the only team to vote against keeping the engine cover shark fin in 2018 at a F1 Strategy Group meeting this week. They want to see a smaller version introduced next season. (The Checkered Flag)

Scuderia Toro Rosso boss Franz Tost felt he had to defend his team after Renault suggested the way they operated their power units contributed to a run of recent failures. (Motorsport)

Wednesday, 15 November

Mercedes Formula 1 team boss Toto Wolff says Valtteri Bottas needs more of a "killer" approach, but defended his Brazilian Grand Prix drive as the Finn finished second, despite starting on pole position. (Autosport)

Toro Rosso are set to confirm Pierre Gasly and Brendon Hartley as their drivers for the 2018 F1 season. (Motorsport.com)

Haas driver Kevin Magnussen says he "doesn't care what people say about me" and no longer looks at social media. (F1i.com)

Former F1 team owner Flavio Briatore says Ferrari made a mistake by not signing Red Bull's Max Verstappen. (Daily Express)

Verstappen posted a video on Twitter of him doing weight and fitness exercises in the gym.

Red Bull boss Christian Horner says Daniel Ricciardo is the best overtaker in F1. (ESPN)

Sauber team boss Frederic Vasseur says he is keen to make a final decision on his 2018 drivers before the last race of the 2017 season in less than two weeks' time. (Crash.net)

Stoffel Vandoorne has refuted suggestions that Fernando Alonso is filling a mentor role for him, saying he is just his team-mate at McLaren. (PlanetF1.com)

Haas team principal Gunther Steiner has criticised F1's stewards for a lack of consistency after Romain Grosjean was penalised in the Brazilian Grand Prix. (Autosport)

Tuesday, 14 November

Valtteri Bottas
Bottas was overtaken by Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel at the Brazilian Grand Prix and finished in second place

Despite starting Sunday's Brazilian Grand Prix from the pits, Toto Wolff thinks Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton could have won because "he was the fastest guy out there". (Planetf1.com)

The Brazilian Grand Prix may be axed after five different teams were attacked by armed gangs during the race weekend. (Fox Sports - Australia)

Mercedes' world champion Lewis Hamilton said his mistake in qualifying gave him a chance to practise his overtaking in the Brazilian Grand Prix. (Daily Mail)

Toro Rosso's Pierre Gasly felt finishing 12th in the Brazilian Grand Prix was his best since he made his Formula 1 debut in Malaysia. (Thecheckeredflag)

Former world champion Jacques Villeneuve claims Mercedes driver Valtteri Bottas' performance in the Brazilian Grand Prix, finishing second after being on pole, was "embarrassing". (Autosport)

Top Stories