Got a TV Licence?

You need one to watch live TV on any channel or device, and BBC programmes on iPlayer. It’s the law.

Find out more
I don’t have a TV Licence.


  1. FT: Falkirk 1-1 Rangers (Loy for Falkirk, McGregor for Rangers)
  2. Falkirk still trail visitors Rangers by five points
  3. Rangers miss the chance to go second
  4. Bairns up to fourth in table

Live Reporting

By Roddie McVake

All times stated are UK

Get involved

But that's it from me tonight. Thanks for joining BBC Scotland for the 1-1 draw between Falkirk and Rangers and keep an eye on the BBC Scotland Sport website for reaction to tonight's match.

Remember there's plenty more SPFL action to come this weekend, not least the top-of-the Premiership match between Celtic and Aberdeen at Celtic Park on Sunday.

In the Championship tomorrow, league leaders Hearts are at home to Cowdenbeath and second-placed Hibernian are away to Alloa Athletic.


"Our strikers worked them really hard and we had the best chances in the first half. Jamie MacDonald didn't have a lot to do. We were the team on the front foot and I was delighted with the players' efforts.

"We went behind but quickly got the equaliser and we could have gone on to score more goals.

"We've improved as the season has gone on and one defeat in 15 games tells you that."


"I think it was a point gained because we were poor tonight. The lads battled away in the second half but the first half was poor and nothing like the standards we've been getting to.

"Falkirk played well and kept Us pegged back for spells in the game.

"We dug in in the second half and I was pleased with that.

"The rest of the teams have got to play tomorrow and we'll see what that brings. This is not an easy place to come so leaving here with a point is not a bad result for us."


William in Glasgow: "Torturous viewing as usual from Rangers. Hopefully this time next week everyone with the club at heart is feeling more positive."


Falkirk striker Rory Loy was as good as anyone on the park tonight, in fact he was better than most.

Mike the Dundee United fan said: "Wish Loy was heading to the other side of Tannadice Street."

I can see why Mike.

At the end of those 90 minutes, Rangers miss the chance to go second in the Championship table while Falkirk are up to fourth, overtaking Queen of the South, for around 24 hours at least.

The final whistle is met with a chorus of boos. Not sure which set of fans were more unhappy with the outcome as Falkirk will feel that is a game they could have won.


Referee Willie Collum brings the game to a close and that was a second half to forget...

It finishes 1-1 at the Falkirk Stadium.

David Templeton is on his bike again down the left and again he's taken out, this time by Will Vaulks. The Bairns man picks up a yellow card for his efforts.

We're into five minutes of added time...

Rory Loy turns well in the box and fires a ball across the face of the Rangers goal, no takers though.

Rory Loy gives Rangers keeper Lee Robinson a fright as he charges down an attempted clearance. The ball goes wide though.


Falkirk make their final change as Craig Sibbald goes off and David Smith comes on.

Rangers' Nicky Law beats two players and races off down the left, his ball into the box is headed out by David McCracken and falls to Kris Boyd but he fails to make the right connection and the ball goes wide.

Kris Boyd smashes the ball toward goal from the free-kick but it goes harmlessly wide.

David Templeton gets his first real touch of the ball and draws a foul from Mark Kerr. The Bairns midfielder gets a booking and Rangers have a free-kick in a good position.

We're into the last 10 minutes and it doesn't look like a goal is on the cards.


Falkirk make their second change as John Baird goes off and Taylor Morgan enters the fray. Baird had a very good game.

The final ball from Rangers has been woeful at times tonight as another move breaks down on the edge of the area.


Another change for the visitors and it's David Templeton on in place of Andy Murdoch. Kenny McDowall is making his play for all three points.


With 15 minutes left Rangers also make a change, sending on veteran striker Kenny Miller for Haris Vuckic.


Falkirk boss Peter Houston takes Tom Taiwo off and sends on Blair Alston.

Falkirk have a decent sight of goal as a David McCracken knock down finds Rory Loy in the box, but Stevie Smith is there to make a vital block. From zero to hero in less than a minute.

Stevie Smith has had a few bad moments in recent minutes and the Rangers fans aren't happy with the left back.

Rangers link up well down the right with Sebastien Faure and Haris Vuckic but at the vital moment Nicky Clark stumbles and the chance is gone.

Falkirk show a glimpse of their first-half form as John Baird works himself a yard of space and fires in a shot from 20 yards, but Lee Robinson gathers it easily.

Doug Henderson

In the next few days Falkirk will have a new chairman, Doug Henderson, and he is watching tonight's match from the stand.

Tom Taiwo is fine to play on and Kyle Hutton is getting some running repairs on the touchline. That's enough Casualty now lads, let's get back to the football.

There's another collision in midfield as Kyle Hutton and Tom Taiwo accidentally clash heads. It looks a nasty one but thankfully both players seem to be ok.

Falkirk's Craig Sibbald has taken a knock but he's getting back to his feet and should be ok to continue.

Haris Vuckic tries to spark a Rangers attack but after a promising run through midfield he plays a hopeless ball to nobody.

Tom Taiwo drills another corner into the area and any touch could take it into the net, but the Rangers back line manages to clear.

Bilel Mohsni gives away a corner under no real pressure. Sometimes the big centre back really does make the simple things look difficult.

It's a bit more scrappy in the early stages of the second half and that might just suit the visitors, who struggled against Falkirk's fluent style in the opening 45 minutes.

Falkirk manager Peter Houston is urging his men forward from the touchline. No doubt the former Dundee United boss senses this match is there for the taking.

Rangers midfielder Nicky Law delivers a curling ball in from the left but it's too high for Kris Boyd.

Falkirk are straight up the park again, putting the pressure on. Eventually the ball falls to Luke Leahy and this time his effort goes just over the junction of bar and post. He's getting closer.


We're underway again...


James in Giffnock: "I sense Rangers have a fight on their hands. It's a cold February night in Falkirk alright."