Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
15 May 1987
Andy Murray competed in TENNIS
Did you know?
- There are five tennis medal events taking place at Wimbledon, with mixed doubles making its first Games appearance since 1924.
- Most matches will be the best of three sets. The exceptions are the men's singles final (best of five sets) and all mixed doubles matches, decided by a first-to-10 tie-break if they reach one set all.
- Tennis appeared in the Olympic Games between 1896 and 1928 but was then dropped from the Olympic programme.
- It returned in 1988, when Steffi Graf added the women's singles title to the four majors she claimed that year in what became known as her 'Golden Slam'.
- Wimbledon staged the tennis competition when London first hosted the Olympic Games in 1908, with Great Britain winning all available gold medals.
|5 Aug||Mixed Doubles Gold Medal Match||—|
|5 Aug||Men's Singles Gold Medal Match||Won|
|4 Aug||Mixed Doubles Semi-finals, Match 2||Won|
|4 Aug||Mixed Doubles Quarter-finals, Match 3||Won|
|3 Aug||Men's Singles Semi-finals, Match 2||Won|
|2 Aug||Mixed Doubles First Round, Match 5||Won|
|2 Aug||Men's Singles Quarter-finals, Match 3||Won|
|1 Aug||Men's Singles Third Round, Match 6||Won|
|31 Jul||Men's Singles Second Round, Match 12||Won|
|29 Jul||Men's Singles First Round, Match 24||Won|
|28 Jul||Men's Doubles First Round, Match 11||—|
More Athletes from Team GB
- Steven Burke Cycling - Track Medallist
- Peter Chambers Rowing Medallist
- Rob Bale Swimming
- Dan Clark Basketball
- Simon Burnett Swimming
- Ryan Bertrand Football
- Andrew Baggaley Table Tennis
- Andrew Baddeley Athletics
- Nicholas Catlin Hockey
- Richard Brickell Shooting
- Chris Adcock Badminton
- Jonathan Clarke Hockey
Head to Head
Andy Murray vs Kei Nishikori
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB