Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
BiographyCompeted in: SWIMMING
The former World Cup champion qualified for her second Olympic Games with a strong showing at last year's World ChampionshipsView Poliana Okimoto's profile
Poliana Okimoto competed in SWIMMING
Did you know?
- Swimming has 34 medal events at London 2012, including two open water 10km events in Hyde Park's Serpentine.
- At the first Olympic Games all swimming events were held in open water. London 1908 was the first to use an indoor pool.
- The USA’s Michael Phelps won an incredible eight gold medals in Beijing. The Baltimore Bullet is aiming to add to his record total of 14 Olympic gold medals in London.
- Great Britain won six swimming medals at the 2008 Olympics, finishing third in the medal table behind the United States and Australia.
- The new Aquatics Centre being used at London 2012 has a spectacular wave-like roof that is 160m long and up to 80m wide.
|9 Aug||Women's 10km Marathon Final||—||DNF|
More Athletes from Brazil
- Juliana Felisberta Beach Volleyball Medallist
- Jaqueline Carvalho Volleyball Medallist
- Sheilla Castro Volleyball Medallist
- Keila Costa Athletics
- Francine Cararo Handball
- Karla Costa Basketball
- Nadia Colhado Basketball
- Tamiris De Liz Athletics
- Maria Altheman Judo
- Aline Dos Santos Athletics
- Geisa Aparecida Coutinho Athletics
- Bruna Football
No further events
Swimming finished on
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB