Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
14 Nov 1987
Yuzhuo Hou competed in TAEKWONDO
Did you know?
- Taekwondo has its roots in ancient Korean martial arts. Tae means 'to kick or smash with the foot', and kwon means 'to destroy with the fist'.
- The sport made its Olympic debut at Sydney in 2000. South Korea tops the Olympic medal list with nine golds and 12 medals in total.
- You score one point for a valid kick or punch to your opponent's torso, two for a spinning kick, and four for a turning kick to the head.
- As in Beijing, there will be eight taekwondo events at the London Games. There are four weight categories for men and four for women - all played in a knock-out format.
- Competitors who lose to one of the finalists will enter the 'repechage', which will eventually determine the winners of the bronze medals.
|9 Aug||Women's -57kg Gold Medal Final||—|
|9 Aug||Women's -57kg Semi-final of Table B||Won|
|9 Aug||Women's -57kg Quarter-final, Quarter-final 4||Won|
|9 Aug||Women's -57kg Preliminary Round, Match 8||Won|
More Athletes from China
- Si Chang Synchronised Swimming Medallist
- Xiaojun Chen Synchronised Swimming Medallist
- Wenjun Guo Shooting Medallist
- Jinjie Gong Cycling - Track Medallist
- Ming Cheng Archery Medallist
- Song Gao Basketball
- Jin He Water Polo
- Xiaodong Chen Fencing
- Qian Chen Modern Pentathlon
- Baorong Fu Hockey
- Fan Jiang Cycling - Track
- Senyue Deng Gymnastics - Rhythmic
Head to Head
Yuzhuo Hou vs Jade Jones
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB