Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Giovanni Cernogoraz competed in SHOOTING
Did you know?
- Shooting has 15 medal events, divided into three different groups: rifle, pistol and shotgun.
- In the rifle and pistol competitions, marksmen aim at targets ranging from 10 to 50 metres away.
- In the shotgun event, competitors shoot at clay targets propelled at a series of different directions and angles.
- Shooting has been an Olympic sport since the first modern Games in 1896 but the events were very different back then.
- There was live pigeon shooting in Paris in 1900 and pistol duelling at the unofficial Games six years later - when participants shot at mannequins in frock coats.
|6 Aug||Men's Trap Finals||1||24 pts|
|6 Aug||Men's Trap Qualification Day 2||13||48 pts|
|5 Aug||Men's Trap Qualification Day 1||6||74 pts|
More Athletes in Shooting
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB