Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
17 Jun 1980
Venus Williams competed in TENNIS
Did you know?
- There are five tennis medal events taking place at Wimbledon, with mixed doubles making its first Games appearance since 1924.
- Most matches will be the best of three sets. The exceptions are the men's singles final (best of five sets) and all mixed doubles matches, decided by a first-to-10 tie-break if they reach one set all.
- Tennis appeared in the Olympic Games between 1896 and 1928 but was then dropped from the Olympic programme.
- It returned in 1988, when Steffi Graf added the women's singles title to the four majors she claimed that year in what became known as her 'Golden Slam'.
- Wimbledon staged the tennis competition when London first hosted the Olympic Games in 1908, with Great Britain winning all available gold medals.
|5 Aug||Women's Doubles Gold Medal Match||Won|
|4 Aug||Women's Doubles Semi-finals, Match 2||Won|
|2 Aug||Women's Doubles Quarter-finals, Match 4||Won|
|1 Aug||Women's Singles Third Round, Match 2||—|
|31 Jul||Women's Doubles Second Round, Match 7||Won|
|31 Jul||Women's Singles Second Round, Match 3||Won|
|30 Jul||Women's Doubles First Round, Match 14||Won|
|30 Jul||Women's Singles First Round, Match 5||Won|
More Athletes from Team USA
- Lauren Cheney Football Medallist
- Caryn Davies Rowing Medallist
- Lindsey Berg Volleyball Medallist
- Erin Cafaro Rowing Medallist
- Kelsey Campbell Wrestling
- Katie Bell Diving
- T'Erea Brown Athletics
- Desiree Davila Athletics
- Cammile Adams Swimming
- Amanda Bingson Athletics
- Amanda Clark Sailing
- Amber Campbell Athletics
Head to Head
Venus Williams vs Anne Keothavong
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB