Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Mc Kayla Maroney
Date of birth
09 Dec 1995
Sport GuidesGYMNASTICS - ARTISTIC
Mc Kayla Maroney competed in GYMNASTICS - ARTISTIC
Did you know?
- One of the world's oldest sports, gymnastics featured prominently in the Ancient Games and has been part of every modern Olympics since their inception in 1896.
- Olympic gymnastics began as a purely male pursuit, with women participants not taking part until 1928.
- Louis Smith's bronze medal in the pommel horse at the 2008 Olympics was Great Britain’s first medal in the sport since the women's team finished third in 1928.
- At these London Olympics there are 14 gold medals on offer. There are team events, individual all-around events and individual apparatus events.
- A ‘perfect ten’ is no longer the top score; gymnasts are now given two separate scores for difficulty and execution which are then added together.
|5 Aug||Women's Vault Final||2||15.083 pts|
|31 Jul||Women's Team Final||1||183.596 pts|
More Athletes from Team USA
- Tumua Anae Water Polo Medallist
- Lindsey Berg Volleyball Medallist
- Nicole Davis Volleyball Medallist
- Nicole Barnhart Football Medallist
- Foluke Akinradewo Volleyball Medallist
- Betsey Armstrong Water Polo Medallist
- Erin Cafaro Rowing Medallist
- Haley Anderson Swimming Medallist
- Clarissa Kyoko Mei Ling Chun Wrestling Medallist
- Kim Conley Athletics
- Laura Bennett Triathlon
- Katie Bell Diving
Head to Head
Mc Kayla Maroney vs Imogen Cairns
Mc Kayla Maroney
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB