Information on this page will not be updated. Facts were accurate as of August 13, 2012.
Date of birth
18 Nov 1987
Imogen Bankier competed in BADMINTON
Did you know?
- Badminton matches are played over the best of three games.
- Each game is won by the first player or doubles pair to reach 21 points by a margin of two clear points.
- All events begin with group stages, followed by a knockout format.
- With shuttlecock smashes reaching speeds of more than 200mph, badminton has claims to be the world's fastest racquet sport.
- Since making its Olympic debut in 1992, badminton has been dominated by Asian countries. All 15 medals at the 2008 Olympics went to Asian shuttlers.
|31 Jul||Mixed Doubles Group Play Stage Group A, Match XD920||—|
|29 Jul||Mixed Doubles Group Play Stage Group A, Match XD907||—|
|28 Jul||Mixed Doubles Group Play Stage Group A, Match XD903||—|
More Athletes from Team GB
- One to watch Rebecca Adlington Swimming Medallist
- One to watch Nicola Adams Boxing Medallist
- One to watch Lizzie Armitstead Cycling - Road Medallist
- One to watch Laura Bechtolsheimer Equestrian Medallist
- Ashleigh Ball Hockey Medallist
- Laura Bartlett Hockey Medallist
- Rachel Cawthorn Canoe Sprint
- Georgina Cassar Gymnastics - Rhythmic
- Louise Bond-Williams Fencing
- Yamile Aldama Athletics
- Stef Collins Basketball
- Sarah Clark Judo
Head to Head
Imogen Bankier vs Chris Adcock
London 2012 medals
London 2012 appearances
Learn more about the athletes representing Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the 2012 Olympic Games, and catch up on the latest news and gossip surrounding Team GBMeet Team GB