Wigan prop Stuart Fielden out for season through injury
Wigan Warriors prop Stuart Fielden has been ruled out for the season after tearing a pectoral muscle.
The 31-year-old will miss the club's pursuit of the Super League title and Challenge Cup after picking up in the injury in training.
Coach Michael Maguire told BBC Radio Manchester: "He will be missed. He's been a big part of this club and we remember what he did for us last year.
"He will still be around the players and everything we are doing" he added.
Maguire also backed Fielden, who had played only one game since four months out with a knee injury, to return next season.
"I know Stuey is a quality person and he will come back bigger and stronger when he gets opportunities down the track," he said.
The Warriors could also be without forward Paul Prescott at Hull on Friday after the 25-year-old felt a hamstring twinge in the 44-24 success at Warrington.
Winger Darrell Goulding is pushing to return after three games out with an ankle injury but Amos Roberts and Chris Tuson remain on the sidelines after knee problems.
You can hear commentary of Hull v Wigan on BBC Radio Manchester 95.1FM, DAB and online at bbc.co.uk/manchester on Friday 29th July